• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harnesses?

d9marko

Whats everybody's favorite belts these days? Padded or not padded? Pull up or pull down? Ratchet style? 4pt vs. 5pt? They are tons to pick from for sure. Going in a simple samurai trail buggy with corbeau seats. Whats comfy for a long day wearing them? Im 5'7" and around 150 pounds if it matters. Im needing some advice my friends.

PRP or Crow padded are both very comfortable (both around $115-120 per side for 3" depending on where you look, some charge more than that)

5 points over 4 for sure

the ratchet kind are super expensive

or do what I did in the Toyota years ago and get whatever harnesses you can for a deal and add the corbeau pads to them thumb.gif

$18 for one side for 3'', $15 each side for 2" harnesses
https://corbeau.com/other/accessories/harness-pads.html

kmcminn said:
I like 2" harness more than the larger 3". The 3s rub my neck raw.

That's my opinion as well on 2'' vs 3''. Also agree on getting padded harnesses if at all possible.

If possible, spend some time with 2" and 3" harnesses and see which is more comfortable for you. The more comfortable the harness, the more likely you'll be to wear them.

I put these in my buggy, I love them. They are the H style and are great quality
5de9c8273e918898c38405f4bee0b59d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know back in the early 90s i swapped my latch style out to camlock style and never did like them. Unless they have greatly improved I definitely wont buy those. I agree on not skimping on safety.

I have the h style 3" pro armors. I like them a lot. I've got to switch the passenger seat out for some 2" tho. They tear up my wife's neck after a day of riding.

I've moved to 3x2 or 2x2 harnesses now. Dislike the 3" shoulders and they don't fit my HNR. I hate pro armors pads, love PRP. Wasn't Woodlee blowing out PRP stuff? If you like a 3" lap, try the 5.3x2 or if you like 2" lap and shoulder get the 5.2's. I dislike sewn harnesses. Seem like a great idea, except for emergency escape type scenarios. You pop a true 5 point, the shoulders fly, you have to wrestle your arms/shoulders out of a sewn shoulder, way worse if upside down or in any compromising position other than sitting on flat ground.

blacksheep10 said:
I've moved to 3x2 or 2x2 harnesses now. Dislike the 3" shoulders and they don't fit my HNR. I hate pro armors pads, love PRP. Wasn't Woodlee blowing out PRP stuff? If you like a 3" lap, try the 5.3x2 or if you like 2" lap and shoulder get the 5.2's. I dislike sewn harnesses. Seem like a great idea, except for emergency escape type scenarios. You pop a true 5 point, the shoulders fly, you have to wrestle your arms/shoulders out of a sewn shoulder, way worse if upside down or in any compromising position other than sitting on flat ground.

Ditto, the above. Even worse if you are retrieving an unconscious occupant.

blacksheep10 said:

This is another thing i dont like about the sewn in ones. I have PRP 5.3s with the pads. I could see them being annoying if I were to wear them tight all day. But I wear my loose or just my lap belt (i know i know) so it doesnt bother me that much.

I've never used the H style, I run RCIs because my uncle gives me a set every couple of years because they get out of date for his race cars. It would seem to me the H style would be a pain to get out of if you're on your side or upside down.

d9marko said:
Any opinions on Crow or Beard belts?

I have the Crow's with the ratchet. I had a pair of Simpson loosen up as i was rolling down a hill. That is not good. The crows stay where you put them.

d9marko said:
Any opinions on Crow or Beard belts?

Both are great brands. I know you can get Crowns in any kind you can think of and even custom. They can make them to your specified lengths, latch style, etc...

I agree on the 2" shoulder straps VS the 3". Padded is a must.

Take a look at the duck bill or pull up lap belts. Most of the belts you'll find are pull down and they suck in a tight seat/buggy passenger compartment, whereas the pull up or duck bills are awesome.