• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Has any offroad park ever been sued?

rockwell 1

With all the talk we have heard about parks getting hosed by insurance companys .Has there ever been a settelment on a case?

Re: Re: Has any offroad park ever been sued?

Not that I've ever heard of, but you know there is some slimy scumbag bottom feeder ambulance chasing son of a bitch lawyer just chomping at the bit for a willing "victim" to bring them a case

Re: Re: Has any offroad park ever been sued?

TBItoy said:
Not that I've ever heard of, but you know there is some slimy scumbag bottom feeder ambulance chasing son of a bitch lawyer just chomping at the bit for a willing "victim" to bring them a case

I started racing motocross at around the age of 5. I can't begin to tell you how many parks I used to go to that are now closed due to insurance or someone suing the track. I will say this......after having seen friends who owned tracks get sued......that little white peice of paper that you sign stating you do not hold the park owner responsible for injury or damage is useless. Tracks I used to go to down in Florida.....closed due to lawsuits.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has any offroad park ever been sued?

Rik450 said:
I started racing motocross at around the age of 5. I can't begin to tell you how many parks I used to go to that are now closed due to insurance or someone suing the track. I will say this......after having seen friends who owned tracks get sued......that little white peice of paper that you sign stating you do not hold the park owner responsible for injury or damage is useless. Tracks I used to go to down in Florida.....closed due to lawsuits.

I can believe it.

Being raised the way I was, I can't even comprehend what a persons state of mind would be to sue a park/land owner...

Unless the park owner or an employee personally attacked you and caused you harm or actively/purposely impeded medical attention during an emergency...? But that would be a whole different situation...

Some people would say it's not too smart to post something like this on a public forum, but... If I were to personally meet the titty baby who sued my favorite park and caused it's closure, I would beat their ass :****:

Nothing has happened at Golden Mountain. It is open and is my favorite place to ride.

The question is that if no parks are being sued, why do the insurance companies keep jacking up the rates way more than the rates of other things?

muddinmetal said:
Some people would say it's not too smart to post something like this on a public forum, but... If I were to personally meet the titty baby who sued my favorite park and caused it's closure, I would beat their ass :****:
He would sue you for new teeth! molaugh

I know of one local park that was sued. It had nothing to do with riding, but was an accident on the property making or maintaining a trail. I will not go into any other detail unless the person steps up here to say something.

I know one of the GA parks that is now closed was sued due to an underage person lying and signing the waiver as if he was old enough to be there without supervision. He then proceeded to drink and ended up rolling his vehicle. Somehow it was the parks responsibility to know all of this and stop it? Seems to me like the parents should be paying the park for damages not the other way around.

Lil ugly said:
I know one of the GA parks that is now closed was sued due to an underage person lying and signing the waiver as if he was old enough to be there without supervision. He then proceeded to drink and ended up rolling his vehicle. Somehow it was the parks responsibility to know all of this and stop it? Seems to me like the parents should be paying the park for damages not the other way around.
This would seem common if the world of personal injury law was so simple. One thing the park could do is require identification to prove age. However, this is just a step in the process and would not eliminate risk of litigation. At the end of the day, we should all be thankful that the owners of any park are willing to take the risk......

Yea cause it would be a bad deal for the Offroad community to have to hunt down & beat the hell out of the people that caused our favorite park or any park to shut down!

Lil ugly said:
That one was dropped from what I understand.

Sawzall said:
Nothing has happened at Golden Mountain. It is open and is my favorite place to ride.

The question is that if no parks are being sued, why do the insurance companies keep jacking up the rates way more than the rates of other things?

Capitalism...greed...and my personal favorite reason, because they can.

Sawzall said:

I think that bad offroad crash in the kalifornia desert a few years ago which killed 6 or 8 spectators got the insurance companyies attention. Then they get on the internet and see some of the crazzy ass **** going on with specators too close to the action and they start rethinking their exposure.

The way things are going; between the fukin' EPA water quality nazis and the insurance companies, all these parks may get shut down.