• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have you bought from Ballistic lately?

patooyee

I am wanting to buy some rebuild-able rod ends and they claim they are "in stock" and can ship out "tomorrow or Mon." But I am very leery of their past reputation. I have heard some say they are better these days. This would be the first time I ever ordered from them so I have no personal experience good or bad with them. Was wondering if anyone here has spent any considerable amount of money with them recently?

I wouldn't do it just based on the fact that you may have to count on them in the future to buy rebuild kits for the joints. Multiple chances for them to screw you ballistic style.

Re: Re: Have you bought from Ballistic lately?

toreadorranger said:
I wouldn't do it just based on the fact that you may have to count on them in the future to buy rebuild kits for the joints. Multiple chances for them to screw you ballistic style.
I've considered that. But the fact is that no one else offers a rebuildable joint worth a damn. Emf hasn't produced anything in over 6 weeks and aren't returning emails or answering the phone. In terms of joints that don't use plastic inserts ballistic is the only other option. I would be willing to buy an extra joint or two just in case..

I ordered some clevis mounts that go inside 1.5" tube from them a few months ago. I couldn't find them anywhere else. I had them within a week. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again if it was something I couldn't get elsewhere.

Do it, won't be disappointed :****:
I grew up down the street from them and now when I visit Tucson, I stop in to replenish my bracket / tab / t-shirt supply.
Give them a call and ask for Bobby, he usually is the one taking calls.
They got beat down on pirate, but have since restructured some and since then, been pumping out great products and on time.
Artec has some amazing products also.
Just my $.02

Just checked out their site. No idea about the service but they've got some pretty good deals going on with tabs and such.

sillycj7 said:
I grew up down the street from them and now when I visit Tucson, I stop in to replenish my bracket / tab / t-shirt supply.
They got beat down on pirate, but have since restructured some and since then, been pumping out great products and on time.
Just my $.02

i still order from them, you just need to call them on their **** and understand who you are dealing with. demand tracking numbers, etc. they have GREAT products and sub par service. its just who they are, if you can operate under those parameters and understand who you are dealing with upfront, its easier to manage your own expectations.

i say do it. and buy an extra joint like patoee said

The last time I ordered from them (about a year ago) I got my parts in about a week. A phone call and a week later I got the correct parts. Far better result than my last exp. back in the days when they got the boot from pirate.

I still regard them as the sex panther vendor. 60% of the time you get your **** every time. If you aren't in a time crunch is worth a shot.

I have placed 4 orders from them in the past few months and no issues. I even had to change out some parts I bought wrong and all I had to do was pay to ship them back and they swapped for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgredjeep said:
I still regard them as the sex panther vendor. 60% of the time you get your **** every time. If you aren't in a time crunch is worth a shot.

I'm not in a time crunch but I do have a new philosophy about paying for promises. Before I order I will call and confirm that it is ready to ship. I will then place my order and if it doesn't ship when they say it would I simply file a fraudulent claim for the charge and let them fight to get their money back. After all, they said it would ship and it didn't and that is fraud. I don't see the need to continue calling them and begging for what I paid for. I don't even see the need to call them once at that point to let them know that I am filing the claim. It should be their responsibility to do what they say, not mine to nag them into it. When they were very young their mothers probably taught them not to lie. That would have been all the warning they needed IMO. Liars get what they deserve. By suffering their lies we incentivize them to continue doing it.

sillycj7 said:
Just my $.02

We live in Sierra Vista. I've ordered from them a few times and didn't have any problems. However, I'm only 75 miles southeast of Tucson.

BPINAZ said:
We live in Sierra Vista. I've ordered from them a few times and didn't have any problems. However, I'm only 75 miles southeast of Tucson.
Save the shipping charge and visit them. Use the trip as an excuse to get some good lunch in Tucson.
Have Bobby give you the dime tour of the manufacturing area. I was like the fat kid in a candy shop!! Of course, I did get liberal amounts of harassment since I was wearing a BTF shirt.
Just received a few more parts last week from them. Didn't get an email with tracking number, but parts arrived when he said they would.