• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Head gasket went out time to build!

if you plan on running propane you need to have a cam ground. I recommend cam motion but im sure any of the others listed are good. propane needs a low overlap in the camshaft something most off the shelf camshafts have a lot of.

The e303 runs just fine with propane, In fact Id say it runs great! Nice lope idling, power from 1500-5000, it's an awsome setup for the money invested

I have been reading all about the letter cams. Some love them and some hate them. It seems that they are a nice off the shelf cam but others out there are better. Sure i could custom order one but i dont know enough about motor timing to really custom order one. For 200$ i think the E303 is the way to go. It seems like a nice upgrade thats safe and not to crazy.

So i know i want to go turbo but that is a different can of worms for later. As for now i need to get the motor build list going so i can look for parts on sale over the winter.

PLease look through my list. If you think i should change a part out for another please let me know. Im open for all opinions.

1. E303 CAM-$200
2. Ford Racing M-6500-R302 - Ford Racing Lifters $125
3. 1985-1996 Valve Push Rod: 5.0L Hydraulic Roller Tappet $35
4. 1979-95 FORD MUSTANG 5.0L 5.8L FORD RACING COMPLETE ENGINE GASKET SET $95
5. 1985-95 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 5.8 COMP CAMS TIMING CHAIN SET MAGNUM DOUBLE ROLLER $50
6. GT40P 3bar Heads (will have them cleaned up and a valve job done) $50 junk yard-clean up and valve job free from a friend
7. 1979-95 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 5.8 TRICK FLOW VALVE SPRING UPGRADE KIT FOR OE STYLE CAST IRON HEADS $170

Not including oils and such my total build is about $725

Should i replace the rockers? If so 1.6 or 1.7 (most likely going to use gt40p heads)? ANything else i should change?

I been in the 5.0 mustang world since I was 13. The letter cams sound good and that's it. Yeah the ADVERTISE to make power in those rpms. But from experience, strap it to a dyno and show me it making the power. As far as the heads you have chosen for what you are wanting to do they are the 2nd choice stock head with the cobra gt40 non p style being the more desired but you will be fine with the p's and if you find them for $50.00 you better be jumping on that deal. I just think I'd look harder for a better cam. Cam motion for free if you email them your setup an tell them what you are doing will sen you back specs for free and an estimate on a cam, and you will be surprised. In my case on my new engine there custom ground camshaft was only 30.00 more than a comp extreme energy roller camshaft.

Cam Motion? I will have to look into that. Thanks for the info. I think i will stay with the p heads to keep the CR on the higher side. That and because the price i can get them for.

Thanks! i just sent an email. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Really im not afraid to save up an extra week to get a top shelf cam. I now i should on the turbo but that will be replaced as time goes.

Latest posts