• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help for the electrically inept?

Little Red Zuk

I'm having issues with my 94 F-150.

It has no tail lights or dash illumination lights. All the fuses look good, and there appears to be power to the fuse block.

What is the next step to check? Headlights work fine, turn signals work fine, and brake lights work fine. Would the problem be the switch, or is there a different relay I should be looking for?

I suck with wires.:mad:

Sounds like a headlight switch.... But check for voltage and ground at the bulb and switch. Not with a test light, but a voltmeter. Some guys will probe wires too.

My 93 Ranger had the dash light problem, and it was the head light switch. According to my dad, it is a common problem with older Fords, he's done quite a few.

I'm not sure the switch would case the running lights to not work though, but maybe it would.

SAD (Seattle Automotive Dist) sells a color-coded HL switch plug repair harness...you could also get the plug (repair harness) from the dealer too for pretty reasonable...

Rock auto has the motorcraft connector for $33.79, and the switch from $8.18-$23.79.

For some reason it's common for the 90's rigs to melt the plug.

98683.jpg

NAPA retails a color-coded switch connector for around $18, costs me $12 & change...and there's two in stock in B'ham...:;