• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hey MattO and other TJ gurus!

6uldv8

Seems like I remember a thread from months/years ago about TJ exhaust headers and where to get quality at a bargain. Did you buy one or know where to get one reasonable?

I put a stock replacement on mine from a company in NY. They were cheap as ****, I think $120. A quick search on Jeep Forum or JU should net their name.

Thanks....guess I gotta decide. I was looking at the Borla and Banks also but I know we had to repair a Borla for a guy when I had the exhaust shop and it wasn't very old. He could have probably got a new one on warranty but he didn't want to have to pull it back off. I've never put one on but I've heard it sucks having to pull the intake etc.... I know I only wanna have to do it once. :eek:

I had a Borla and it cracked now that I think about it. But like Matt said, they all are prone to cracking. And yes they are a pain to install.

Agreed, its the design that makes the exhaust prone to cracking, not so much the material quality. Just make sure that you have enough hangers and that they are all intact with decent bushings. I believe the stock ones would do fine if there were more hangers.

In my usual way I went with the elcheapo! molaugh THat thing actually looks damn good Matt......heavier duty than stock with 2 flex joints built in and comes with a new gasket.... all for $120 loller.gif

I looked at the install and said fawk that. Took it to the local exhaust shop and it cost $175 to install. Still come out less than what the Banks header costs by itself!

I installed mine with help from a friend and a 12 pack. It took about 4 hours, and I had no idea what I was doing back then :drinkers:

I almost **** myself when the header started glowing orange laughing1

the "new" version of the stocl manifold has some ribbed/flex sections to make the cracking a non issue....my jeep had them installed @ like ~35K and it was on 129K when i sold it no issues....

I replaced mine with a Banks when I was going to MSU and it took me and my buddy (mainly me and him handing me tools) about 4 hours to do also. It isn't a hard install, it just time consuming becuase of everything you have to remove to get to the header. I replaced mine 6 years ago (25K) and mine hasn't had a problem since.

I've got the whole Borla system. Works great. Sounds like crap (I think).