• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holy fawkin pimp! Clarks da man!

Well i have the wheels and Dan can weld them up for me. Im kind thinking that the route i want to go. If you will do it ill go get the plate.:awesomework:

Look on Pirate to see what thickness AL you need, i think it's 3/8 or 1/2. :blingbling:

Well i have the wheels and Dan can weld them up for me. Im kind thinking that the route i want to go. If you will do it ill go get the plate.:awesomework:

Thats why dan has been harrassing me to weld up his leaking AL locks. :fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Thats why dan has been harrassing me to weld up his leaking AL locks. :fawkdancesmiley::haha:

I dont mind airing them up....I know theres no way you would weld them for me so I guess it will have to do.:haha::haha:

you would be suprised Brian :; You have got your **** under control lately. I like the new Brian :flipoff:

Not sure of the feasability of welding on AL lock rings on unknown wheels though. Do you know if they are cast? forged? heat treated? what brand wheels are they? Its all about composition in the aluminum wheels and material interchangeability. That is the reason Dans locks are leaking. Forged heat treated wheel to a 5000 or 6000 series weld on ring with god knows what filler metal=cracking/leaking wheels.

This is also the reason DIY AL. beadlocks on pirate went the way of the Dodo bird. Horror stories of bad welding jobs and rings literally blowing off wheels when airing up/on the trail (if they made it that far) There were a few stories of people getting seriously injured. so a known material composition is the best way to go about it. :awesomework:

And to add, it can be done. hell, TR, has welded thousands of sets. Champion beadlocks used to weld locks to customer wheels (not sure if they do still) but most of these AL lock jobs had a Machined lip with a different weld geometry than a standard ring could afford on a non machined wheel. There are several contributing factors to setting up reliable aluminum beadlocks.

Just to say an example, I cannot tell you how much materail certifacation/testing, and weld testing with different processes, fillet geometry, weld settings, burn time, gun angle, etc etc I have spent at work on our stainless steel low tension freezer belt. and its stainless. a relatively easy material to work with. Aluminum can be impossible to get a Air tight Structual weld on if you do not know what you are doing.

endless options and creative artforms with what he has going he should do pretty good for himself with that fancy machine .Make good christmas presents for redneck relatives.

keep up the good work...:beer: