• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holy Geeeeeez I will not buy a ford!

If he only has 200 miles on the superchip, I bet its cause he can't keep his foot out of it.

But I've heard some terrible mileage out of 6.4s.

My 6.0 doesn't get much better w/ 4.30 gears, but damn I like the truck. I'm hoping to get 9 towing almost 18,000 to Moab and back.

I was doing research on thedieselstop.com before I bought my 06 this week and guys over there are PISSED about the mileage on the 6.4 and there is not a thing they can do about it. Most of them are seeing 13 hwy and 6-7 towing. What truck was this on, a 350 or 450?

Travis said:
If he only has 200 miles on the superchip, I bet its cause he can't keep his foot out of it.

But I've heard some terrible mileage out of 6.4s.

My 6.0 doesn't get much better w/ 4.30 gears, but damn I like the truck. I'm hoping to get 9 towing almost 18,000 to Moab and back.

I drove it after the superchip and there is no difference in power. Seriously. I sell about 2-3 superchips a week and honestly this one doesnt do anything! The owner is around 60ish years old. I used to work for him and I know how he drives (like an old man)! I haven't heard anyhting good about this new motor! Sucks for the die hard ford fans!

I have a 2500 megacab with 35's no mods other than a K&N filter in the stock box. I drove to Greenville, SC and back Thurs and Friday and got 22.6mpg on my trip. 3.73 gears.

Jeep Family said:
I have a 2500 megacab with 35's no mods other than a K&N filter in the stock box. I drove to Greenville, SC and back Thurs and Friday and got 22.6mpg on my trip. 3.73 gears.

How fast were you driving Trey? I hear from a guy over here he gets in that range, but his is the crewcab, not the megacab.

we have a new 550 4x4 at work with a bucket on it and that turd gets about 6 mpg
my 550 is the 6.0 and it makes about 10 mpg but that motor brings the suck. we
run 6 spds and if i am close to getting stuck i have to run in 4 low because that
piece of crap has no low end like the old 7.3. my 6.0 has gone through 10 injectors
in 80 k mi. the only good thing i can say about it is that it has a great top end.