• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Homebuilt 3 seat buggy "Lucy"

Looks great, well done.

The extendable steering valve mount is pretty cool.

Rockwells607 said:
Mike! When did you come to hardline !? Glad to see ya here and posting your new buggy it looks great!

I been here a little while. Hell, my coilovers came from Redneckengineered back when WOD built the first Revolution chassis.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. And yes, they're skateboard wheels on the gas pedal. It's actually really comfortable in a tight foot box.

Cracksrubi said:
Love the adjustable steering something you came up with or ordered? Either way I'm copying it.

I think I bought the orbital mounting plate. I came up with the telescoping part myself. Just 1.5" tube inside a 1.75" tube. Cut on the band saw. The upper collars are drilled through. The lower ones are drilled & tapped.

Thanks Nate.
For still shaking it down, it did pretty well. I pushed until I found some limits. Other crap it went right up (right side of jotters, all 4 trail 5 climbs) The rear shocks need more work, a rear swaybar would really help, and the belly is BIG for a 20" height. The only plus is that it's smooth, so with some UHMW it should drag over a lot. You can see all of that stuff happening in this video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIjicEdolO4

Rear shocks have already been revalved for the coming weekend and I'm raising the ride height 1". Suck down winch worked as a great bandaid last weekend, so I'm a little more confident in making big suspension changes and not fighting it on the trail all weekend.