• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do I get ORV tags for my buggy?

Washington does have it's own ORV permit system and Washington also has a reciprocity agreement with Oregon. Oregon ORV tabs are good in Washington and visa versa.

as long as you are a resident of the state the tabs came from. not hard to understand. otherwise its tax evasion and it opens a whole new can of worms

I've always had them for my Scout.:fawkdancesmiley: I've always made a point to keep them in order to keep my insurance too.

That is nice:cool:but goes to show that what will work for some, may not work for others. Just say'n.....

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.09.050

(4) Off-road vehicles owned by a resident of another state that have a valid ORV permit or vehicle license issued in accordance with the laws of the other state. This exemption shall apply only to the extent that a similar exemption or privilege is granted under the laws of that state.

key word is resident.

(4) Off-road vehicles owned by a resident of another state that have a valid ORV permit or vehicle license issued in accordance with the laws of the other state. This exemption shall apply only to the extent that a similar exemption or privilege is granted under the laws of that state.

key word is resident.

And where does it say that a Washington resident can't have an Or ORV tab? What you quoted applies to a resident of another state, not a Washington resident.
I'm not trying to split hairs and laws change constantly but I'm still not seeing it.

here is another.

(4) Except as provided in RCW 46.09.050, any out-of-state operator of an off-road vehicle shall, when operating in this state, comply with this chapter, and if an ORV use permit is required under this chapter, the operator shall obtain an annual or temporary permit and tag.

Again residency is the key. your a smart guy binder you already know this ****:beer:

Washington does have it's own ORV permit system and Washington also has a reciprocity agreement with Oregon. Oregon ORV tabs are good in Washington and visa versa.

No ****! That was the point of my quote. It clearly states that if the state that you reside in has an orv tag program you are not permitted to purchase a Ore orv tag as a non-resident. You are correct that WA permits are valid in Ore and visa versa but it is not legal for a Wa resident to use an Ore pemit.

late with my post. you can have all the oregon orv tags you want but it doesn't mean **** in washington unless your a oregon resident.

here is another.

(4) Except as provided in RCW 46.09.050, any out-of-state operator of an off-road vehicle shall, when operating in this state, comply with this chapter, and if an ORV use permit is required under this chapter, the operator shall obtain an annual or temporary permit and tag.

Again residency is the key. your a smart guy binder you already know this ****:beer:

key word is resident.

all of those address people coming in from another state to use an orv not buying another states tabs.

Hell the way I read it the last one you posted reads to me like if the state you are coming from hoors our tabs we will honor theres ?

No ****! That was the point of my quote. It clearly states that if the state that you reside in has an orv tag program you are not permitted to purchase a Ore orv tag as a non-resident. You are correct that WA permits are valid in Ore and visa versa but it is not legal for a Wa resident to use an Ore pemit.

I have seen current or and wa tabs on the same bike

But you know not the reason or the legality so what is your point?
My dad bought his Banshee in OR and it had OR tags on it. When he changed the title over he got the legal WA tags. The OR tags were good for 2yrs so he could have bootlegged at the dunes with no problem untill they expired but he didn't.

again residency is the key, it's right there clear as day yet people read right past it. washington resident needs a washington orv tag to operate on Wa public lands.

here is another.

I see what you're getting at but I believe the reciprocity agreement says otherwise or at least it used to but I can't find it so I don't "know" anything.:haha:

A State of Oregon ATV operating permit may be issued for all terrain vehicles owned by a resident of another state that does not have a permitting program

Plus, I quoted from the Oregon State web site that it was not legal. So, don't argue with me argue with the state.

What you quoted in red doesn't say a Washington resident cannot buy or use a Or ORV tab. If fact if you dig deeper the forest agency down there( I forget the acronym) on their website says specifically that if you have Washington plates and tabs that they will not honor them and you must buy a Or ORV permit even though this goes against thier reciprocity agreement.:;

The reciprocity agreement only applies to validating the other states permit being used by a legal permit holder. If Oregon states that a Wa resident can't purchase a OHV tag then the agreement doesn't come into effect at all.

The reciprocity agreement only applies to validating the other states permit being used by a legal permit holder. If Oregon states that a Wa resident can't purchase a OHV tag then the agreement doesn't come into effect at all.

Her ya go. From here.

Oregon Administrative Rule
736-004-0070

Reciprocity for Out-of-State Permits
An ATV operating permit that is issued in another state shall be honored in the State of Oregon if the issuing state also honors an Oregon ATV operating permit.
(1) The ATV must have a resident state ATV operating permit or a State of Oregon ATV operating permit to operate the ATV on designated ATV areas.
(a) A State of Oregon ATV operating permit may be issued for all terrain vehicles owned by a resident of another state.
(b) An ATV operating permit is valid in those areas designated for ATV use.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 390.180
Stats. Implemented: ORS 390.180
Hist.: PRD 8-2000, f. & cert. ef. 6-2-00