• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do you organize your sockets?

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
I need some socket organization from 1/4 to 1/2.

I don't like the cheap "clip" rails like this.
sh34a.jpg

So I found these online.

They seem to be the ticket, however they are expensive.
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...t+Accecssories&prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=L4

Snap on magnetic trays:cool:

Altough that is in my buddies box at work, i can afford them:haha:
Mine are just dumped in the bottom of my free snapon tool bag:redneck:

Why dont you like the cheapo ones? They have worked fine for me. I have never opened my tool box up after wheeling and seen them all scattered about. I got them from Orielleys for like, 1.99 a strip.

If i had the choice though, and a tool box that was mostly stationary and not transported in a vehicle a lot of the time, i would get these. Easily organized and labeled... no reading the socket all the time to find the right one!

558549.jpg

The ones you posted matt are very helpful if you have ALOT of sockets. One buddy has every socket you can imagine on his rolling box. So these are nice because its hard to remember where they are.

Where as my other buddy only has a couple variations of metric sockets in his box. So it is easy to remember which sizes are where.

What's wrong with the 'el cheapo clip rails? :fawkdancesmiley:
I've been workin' outta my box for so long, I know what size it is by feel/memory....

(yes I still grab the wrong socket occasionally) :hello:

31nYQuTSYOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I use 3 of these guys, you can twist and lock them in and take the whole tray with ya if need be, they work really well and keep my box nice and organized

I have the hansens, wife got them for me as a gift.

that is why I am selling my others.

Yes, it is a selfless post to get rid of it.

BUY HERE

Hi All:

I bought these Hansen-brand socket holders in January and think they are great for organizing 3/8th inch sockets.

Thinking of cleaning all my 1/2 inch drive sockets & marking the sizes with a white paint pencil.

Regards,

Alan

558549.jpg

This is what I use.

My top drawer is for sockets. I stand the shorties up and lay the deep sockets down. Specialty sockets to the right and air guns. It's a mess I know. :redneck:

I can't keep my sockets organized like that. Half the time I leave them laying on the garage floor. :redneck:

31nYQuTSYOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I use 3 of these guys, you can twist and lock them in and take the whole tray with ya if need be, they work really well and keep my box nice and organized

I've got one of these ^^^ for my metric stuff, 1/4" and 3/8" (basically all the everyday stuff), then 1/2 is on these:
socketrails.jpg

Red for metric, blue for standard.
Then all my 1/4 and 3/8 standard are on the cheapie rails. Then 1" and up 3/4" drives are loose in another drawer with all the stupid **** like triplesquares, inverted torx,etc... that come in blowmolded boxes.

I went out and got some Hansen trays for my 3/8 drive stuff.

1/4 and 1/2 are on plastic rails now. Cleaned up my box real good.

Thinking about getting some of the hansen trays for the 1/4 stuff too.

I've had the hansen type, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 for about ten years. Hold up good. Gotta get a pic of my brother in laws next time his service wagon is home.:cool:

Who makes those and where can I get some?

I know Mac tools has them (if you have access to a Mac truck), and other tool trucks have similar ones, I believe I want to say they are something like 40 bucks, but I'm not positive.

My boss has a couple of those trays, and I will be getting one soon. I love them.
You can get more 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, etc inserts, and mix the sizes up (if you have tons of 1/4 and want them together, or 3/8 etc.)

I just wanted to add... I was in Sears today and picked up some more of the plastic rails like the blue and red ones I posted above, but they're black and only cost $6.99 each. :cool:

Latest posts