• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How much coolant for rear rad?

Trailpunisher

Running Evans waterless coolant and just need to know how much to buy. Rear radiator all 1.75" lines and a small block Chevy . The radiator is a 16x31 with twin 1" cores. Thanks

believe mine was about 6 gallons also. I left radiator hose off at thermostat housing till water came out to make sure all the air got out.

Re:

I'd order 7 since you can't mix any water in. I've been reading on this for a few days now. You never know if you may have to top off.

Not familiar with that coolant but if it won't mix with water I would consider other options. It's not uncommon for a rear radiator rig to have air in the system that may not show up rite away. In fact I rolled my buggy this last weekend, and after a full day of wheeling the following morning started running hot...This happens to a lot of people. Water is everywhere!

I just looked this stuff up holy **** that's expensive is it really worth that kind of dough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

417chevy said:
I just looked this stuff up holy **** that's expensive is it really worth that kind of dough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is because it won't boil over like water that way with he radiator right behind me I won't get burnt.