• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How would this do as a tow rig ?

I'd wheel it.

In all seriousness though it would do fine as a tow rig. Put a camper in the bed and haul a rig behind and you may be wishing you had a diesel for the fuel economy.

We have a few members in our club that tow a single jeep with a 1/2 ton hemi. They tow just fine. One of the members had the rear ring and pinion **** the bed in the half ton.

The rear axles on those newer 3/4 and 1 ton dawdges are forking huge. I believe it's an AAM 11.5.

With the 35's and every thing stock I would say it would tow slow on anything but flat ground, although your butt would stay warm and you would be able to pack a big lunch under the rear seats:cheer: other then that I guess it depends what you plan to tow with it, seen lots of old chev, ford, dodge half tons tow with less power, and thats a lot better platform then them:awesomework:

Last edited:
The power of the hemi will be fine. The bummer with the 3/4ton gasser is they get the smaller AAM axle. Its not a longbed but at least a quadcab so wheelbase is fairly long

Go buy the Dodge RusM is selling. That is a stock (gears) gas truck with 35s. If it has a tow hitch installed now I bet you get to go through the transmission around a year'ish after purchase.

Go buy the Dodge RusM is selling. That is a stock (gears) gas truck with 35s. If it has a tow hitch installed now I bet you get to go through the transmission around a year'ish after purchase.

This is an excellent plan. :cheer:

Latest posts