• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HYD. RAMS which is better????????????????????????????????????????

jb

Curious which ram is better double or single ended? and what is the pros and cons of each?

Double ended = balanced, so equal turns right to left. More difficult to package. Heavier.

Single ended = easier to package, unequal turns left to right.

I'd say it's personal preference and what you can make fit your application. There are successful examples of both types.

I know on my buggy I plan on some street driving, so I went with the double up front for the even feel and the single out back cause its much cheaper and I can ballance the flow of my valve so I won't notice the difference in speed.

THey are both fine, SE will not center itself so you steering wheel will always be crooked depending on which way you just turned. DE's seem harder to package though. I run a single and have had no problems.

thanks for info guys i'm probably gonna go with double ended when i get the chance to do it i already got poision spyder hy steer arms and i don't think i'll have any issues fitting the doule ram up front

another question is where to buy and what brand i know there are alot of good brands out there just wondering on prices on all!!!!!

res.,rams,pumps,etc.

Go with all howell and never look back. $1200+ is what mine cost. Orbital, pump, cooler, res with filter,Double ended ram. I have never had a problem with mine, in any shape or form.

kid rok said:
Go with all howell and never look back. $1200+ is what mine cost. Orbital, pump, cooler, res with filter,Double ended ram. I have never had a problem with mine, in any shape or form.

It is HOWE and I don't think brand matters much just stay away from farm and ag rams. I have had great luck with PSC stuff, that is who I would use.

My spelling might be wrong ,but my prononciation is correct. :flipoff1: Your wrong on parts it does matter HOWE is the best in my opinion. Travis ran over 25 miles with a kinked line and never burned up their HOWE pump. If it was PSC it would have failed.

thanks for all the info guys!!!! i sure appreciate it alot!!!

hope yall make it to the meet and greet ride march 6th at hawk pride yall would'nt believe the trails mark has built in the last 4 months they are hardcore!!!!!

hey matt get ur bunch togather and come on up you would'nt believe how much different it is since you and cole came up last year!!!!!!!

i can assure yall will be very pleased with the park! booyang

I'm a dealer for Performance Offroad Systems. I can give you better pricing on almost every component of a full hydro system, other than the rams, and I can get pretty close on them
DSC02671.jpg

fl-krawler said:
I'm a dealer for Performance Offroad Systems. I can give you better pricing on almost every component of a full hydro system, other than the rams, and I can get pretty close on them
DSC02671.jpg

What happened to sean, he has fell off the face of the earth.

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll get in touch when i get the money saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! appreciate it FL CRAWlER!

JEEP
OlllllO

Cole said:
What happened to sean, he has fell off the face of the earth.

He hasnt fallen off the face of the earth, he just isnt around as much on the forums and at events. I sell ALOT of his steering systems and I talk to him a few times a week. From what he has told me, he wants to move more into a distribution role, and let his dealers sell directly to customers.

i run a POS and its sweet. Double ended is harder to package though...goin to try to get rid of the jungle gym around mine on my rebuild