• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro help

In regards to inline heat sink cooler. After doing a bunch of links jobs i aquired quite the pile of rems of 2 inch 7075. While reading a thread about hot fuel i had the thought of making inline coolers for fuel. They could also work for p/s systems. Jason from bns was getting his rig ready for koh so i gave him 2 and he made a duct to provide plenty of airflow. He never had a hot steering system. Ive heard from many people that they hold heat, But jason's car never did. Food for thought.

Maverick I hear ya on everyone having a different opinion on things. According to all the "experts" my system shouldn't even function at all. The reservoir is mounted with the pump feed line sitting at frame level and the pump is in the stock spot on the engine. I have a cheap cooler like yours and a modded yota pump with a random valve off a combine and random ram that I came across. All the lines are -6 AN and the pump return is -10 AN. Hell for a long time the pump return was a piece of heater hose and although the hose was bleeding to death it still worked. :redneck:

I'm still looking for how many turns you get lock to lock and exactly what ram you are running though.

In regards to inline heat sink cooler. After doing a bunch of links jobs i aquired quite the pile of rems of 2 inch 7075. While reading a thread about hot fuel i had the thought of making inline coolers for fuel. They could also work for p/s systems. Jason from bns was getting his rig ready for koh so i gave him 2 and he made a duct to provide plenty of airflow. He never had a hot steering system. Ive heard from many people that they hold heat, But jason's car never did. Food for thought.

I hear you Joe, I believe they work but I am not sure they will work well enough for my system being that I am running a stock pump. I also think that my small ram is causing my pump to go into bypass mode and vaporizing my fluid causing it to be supper heated, ergo I dont think any kind of cooler is going to be able to keep up with that. I know they have the best ratings for pressure/flow drop... I believe it is almost nothing, but the stack core style cooler I am gonna run is really good also and could provide better cooling. There is no such thing as too good of a cooler IMO.

Maverick I hear ya on everyone having a different opinion on things. According to all the "experts" my system shouldn't even function at all. The reservoir is mounted with the pump feed line sitting at frame level and the pump is in the stock spot on the engine. I have a cheap cooler like yours and a modded yota pump with a random valve off a combine and random ram that I came across. All the lines are -6 AN and the pump return is -10 AN. Hell for a long time the pump return was a piece of heater hose and although the hose was bleeding to death it still worked. :redneck:

I'm still looking for how many turns you get lock to lock and exactly what ram you are running though.

we're agreeing for the most part -6 = 3/8" and -10 = 5/8"

As of now I have 2.9 turns lock to lock and it is rated for 7.6 ci/rev on the orbital. I turn the wheel in person and I think its about 3 turns so thats about right. If I jump up in size on a ram to 2.5" it should be about 4.64 turns lock to lock.

Lemme guess you told the PSC guy how many turns lock to lock you had and that's when he told you to up the size of the ram... He was right, your forcing the pump to bypass and eat itself alive.

Either get a larger ram or get another ram identical to what you have and run tandems T'd together for a balanced setup.

You can run two smaller rams body to body with the rods facing the tires and plumb them together. Basically you have the left turn line going to the push side of the drivers side ram and the pull side of the passenger side ram and right turn plumbed to the other.

Yeah......only losers run opposing rams:rolleyes::kiss::D

My PSC setup with plate trans cooler works like a champ. I :heartpump: PSC.

Yeah......only losers run opposing rams:rolleyes::kiss::D

My PSC setup with plate trans cooler works like a champ. I :heartpump: PSC.

I didnt say that. Just gonna try and sell my 2" ram for a little money back. I am ordering my 2.5" psc ram now along with more stuff. :D

IMO howe rams are the best ram out there for std size rigs that get beat on. Rigs with little **** tires need a pos ram.

Yeah, Trashy didn't read where you had already stated your lock to lock or the fact you have a double ended ram. You're on the right track, as a guy that works w/ heavy equip hydros. You don't have enough area on the piston with that big of rod.

Yeah, Trashy didn't read where you had already stated your lock to lock or the fact you have a double ended ram. You're on the right track, as a guy that works w/ heavy equip hydros. You don't have enough area on the piston with that big of rod.

I'm running a single ended ram. I'm a fan of a good old fashioned tie rod so I'll trade my half a turn difference one way vs 2 stupid little short tie rods and all the crap associated with double ended rams. :D

Latest posts