• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I am the fastest person on the interstate....do I have a problem?

I do a lot of driving being mobile and all. I drive very similar in my daily routine. I'm haulin balls all the time and if not I'm in the right lane. Always checking my mirrors cuz there's always a tony Bolton somewhere out there with me.

I feel the same as you. I don't drive like I'm on crack I just drive with a sense a of urgency and assertiveness to get where I'm going efficiently. I get super worked up at the same things. People that hog the left lane, ANYWHERE, regardless of speed limit. People that were never taught how to merge on or off a highway. People that didn't realize they have mirrors or turn signals.

My favorites are the drivers that come out of no where, haulin booty but don't look ahead to see there's no way around the bonehead hogging the left lane. So they weave in out, try to pass me on the right, I pinch em off right at the last second so they have to slow back down again.

Lol, anyway, I agree with the frustrations with slow thinking drivers. Unfortunately I don't drive 90+ ever. I think I haul my rig faster than I drive daily on the roads. Lol

My favorite is when I can actually set my cruise on 72-75 mph and cruise the right lane, only going left lane to pass semis up hill.

BUT, there is usually some damn idiots driving 60 mph or 95 mph that mess up my flow.

Re:

The guys that Bob and weave in and out of traffic and act like it's a race track drive me nuts when I'm in my truck at work. There's a **** load of real estate that you have to watch and keep an eye on when you're in a semi and it's not easy to catch the guy bobbing and weaving all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Idiots and ignorant drivers?? And youre the one driving 90 mph? Youre the idiot and one day youll get someone killed..

Morning commute = fast lane keep up with traffic. Average ~85 on the way in.
Evening commute = pick a lane and do stop and go. Average ~35.

Hardly ever get on the interstate otherwise. When I do its cruise set at 73 and go. Typically i end up with the wife/buddies/buddies kid with me so i try to keep it reasonable and safe.

I get my kicks behind the wheel in my buggy and pretty much drive like pawpaw on the pavement... Bad things happen fast and you never know what the other drivers on the road are thinking or not thinking and I always lose when i deal with the law so lets keep that to a minimum

Re: Re: I am the fastest person on the interstate....do I have a problem?

Bama said:
Idiots and ignorant drivers?? And youre the one driving 90 mph? Youre the idiot and one day youll get someone killed..
Yea....my speeding is speeding but what do you call the guy doing 50 in the fast lane? A law abider or an accident creator?

Like I said I'm doing that speed and its in a straight line and I'm not zooming up on people in traffic when I see them I just let out of the gas and slow down to their 80 miles an hour. So my 10 extra miles an hour isn't that big of a deal like youre making it out to be. When you factor in most are already doing 80ish mph.

Yes stopping and reaction time is all compromised at those speeds but what was the speed limit 20 years ago....60 or so miles an hour? People that did 70 or so considered crazy to you then?

I used to have to be the fastest on the road. Even in my pig, with the chip there is no cut off at 100MPH it'll just keep going until the turbo melts (don't ask).

Now days I don't care to go that fast, 70-75 for me. Otherwise the fuel gauge drops faster than a strippers ass on stage.

Im like onepieceatatime im a truck driver and i value my job so i very rarely speed and my trucks governed very slow so going fast scares me. Ha. But i do see alot of dummies on the road that fly and think theyre the better driver and have never got into a accident yet but you dont take into consideration of idiot whos in the right lane texting and drifts into the left lane and ur hauling ass and jerk the wheel and its all over, i see rear end accidents all tne time in the middle of no where and ask how did that happen on a long straight stretch on a interstate, hmmmmmm guess i know now, not bashing anybody, ya can drive like ya want but please dont hit me and cost me money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

I very rarely have a problem with semi truck drivers for the most part. There pretty courteous besides one or two bad apples that like to drag race side by side 50 miles an hour on a 2 lane interstate.

A lot of times I can see up ahead of them and I'll just slow down and flash the lights to let them over. (Especially on hills where they're trying to keep momentum) Its always cool getting the double blink when they move back over and let me by. I always understand the truckers have a job to do and their job depends heavily on how they drive.

Re:

I really wish everyone that drove had to spend some time behind the wheel or at least in a truck to see what goes on and just how much of a different perspective it is. Would make for a lot more safe drivers.

I agree completely. I argue with my wife from time to time about how CDL drivers are far safer than the average joe or especially Jane. I ask her if she has ever had to stop 60k lbs of cargo behind a brain fart of a driver before.

Some of the best long trips I have been on were with truckers traveling in a pack. Granted I have had some of the worst with them too. Seems that long stretch of hwy in Arkansas comes to mind. Then some hard **** comes out of nowhere to cut us off or not pay attention to his surroundings. A group of us have pinned a couple of those guys in before. Just to slow em down and piss em off. Lol

It was probably tonybolton

I hate the interstate so when I get on it for an extended time, I am on a mission to get where I'm going. I try to slowly but steadily be passing everyone. I feel like I'm making the most progress that way.

I've caught myself cruising right along at 95+ mph a good many times without noticing it..

Heck I made it from downtown Birmingham to Gadsden up I-59 the other night in like 35 minutes. I was running between 90-105 the whole time.

A guy in a 1500 Dodge passed me when I was doing about 90 and he immediately got pulled over by a cop hiding behind a bridge column.. molaugh I got out of that one pretty lucky..

LightBnDr said:
I agree completely. I argue with my wife from time to time about how CDL drivers are far safer than the average joe or especially Jane. I ask her if she has ever had to stop 60k lbs of cargo behind a brain fart of a driver before.

Some of the best long trips I have been on were with truckers traveling in a pack. Granted I have had some of the worst with them too. Seems that long stretch of hwy in Arkansas comes to mind. Then some hard **** comes out of nowhere to cut us off or not pay attention to his surroundings. A group of us have pinned a couple of those guys in before. Just to slow em down and piss em off. Lol

It was probably tonybolton

Since you brought it up I have to ask a question that's frustrated me for years. Why is it that truckers can roll along in the low to mid 70's in the right lane but when they switch to the left lane to pass another trucker they slow all the way down to 66 to pass a truck doing 65. Then there's the truckers that will jump over in the left lane just to block you because they're slowly catching another truck that's 250+ yards in front of them. I could understand if there was a line of 15 cars behind me and they don't want to get trapped in the right lane and lose momentum but I've had them do this to me with 600 yards of clear road behind me.

I'm a courteous driver, I constantly pay attention to the road in front of me, behind me and to the vehicles around me. I've never had an accident in my 20 years of driving and I do typically roll along in the left lane a little faster than the average. What frustrates me more than anything is the people that don't pay attention to the fact that they're holding up traffic in their lane or could care less if they are. I don't expect other people to drive fast just because I do just as those who drive slow shouldn't expect others to do the same. There's an increase in entitlement in this country and a continual decline of respect for others that's causing a big picture problem.

Dwill817 said:
I hate the interstate so when I get on it for an extended time, I am on a mission to get where I'm going. I try to slowly but steadily be passing everyone. I feel like I'm making the most progress that way.

I've caught myself cruising right along at 95+ mph a good many times without noticing it..

Heck I made it from downtown Birmingham to Gadsden up I-59 the other night in like 35 minutes. I was running between 90-105 the whole time.

A guy in a 1500 Dodge passed me when I was doing about 90 and he immediately got pulled over by a cop hiding behind a bridge column.. molaugh I got out of that one pretty lucky..

I'd be willing to bet it was the bridge just past the Argo exit. They sit there non stop.

Re:

Truck is rolling 70 in the left lane and comes upon a slower truck, turns on signal to get over to pass, cars for 1/4 mile decide they need to get passed first then the truck has to slow down to leave himself enough cushion up front and by the time he can get over he's creeping past the truck he should've flown by because people ignore truck turn signals.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Truck is rolling 70 in the left lane and comes upon a slower truck, turns on signal to get over to pass, cars for 1/4 mile decide they need to get passed first then the truck has to slow down to leave himself enough cushion up front and by the time he can get over he's creeping past the truck he should've flown by because people ignore truck turn signals.

Exactly.

tonybolton said:
I've noticed that whatever vehicle I'm driving(insert can't hide money joke here), that I am never passed by anyone on the interstate, I am the one doing the passing. This includes towing the rig in a 1500 gasser truck too.

I think for the most part I'm an 80mph cruiser but if the weather is kickin ass and/or a good shuffle song from the playlist comes on, I'm not stranger to a 90+mph pace.

This all came to fruition tonight as I approached a vehicle doing 90mph in the fast lane, yet I felt the need to pass them....and did and just maintained 100+ on to my exit ramp.

I do have road rage, mostly toward idiot or ignorant drivers.....not so much people just inconveniencing my Bonneville runs of 90+ mph but more so toward the ones that do not go right on red, the puller outer in fronter of guys or the ones in the fast lane doing 50mph and get passed by 17 cars and still do not move over.

I think the slowest I drive on the interstate is in Dad's Cuda, and that's usually 70 or so. Mainly due to it not having an OD and the fact that 70mph feels(and sounds) more like you're doing 90.

Anyone else a fast driver?

We're not so different, you and I..... I too, like to live dangerously.