• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I need a good crossbow .

Although I don't care for them I have shot my grandfathers 10 point a few times. He has had it since they were made legal for hunting around 5 years ago. He has yet to have a problem out of his. As far as scopes go you are limited to a red dot to stay legal. Any scope that can magnify for better viewing is not allowed for hunting. Depending on your location the law may be different but they are not allowed in Alabama unless that has changed.

For the money I would go with a Barnett. I have hunted with a Barnett quad 400 I think its called, and a Horton they sell at wall mart. Both would do the job but the Barnett was just a nicer setup. Had a scope with yardage lines mabey 3 or 5 power magnification.

I liked it but it was just heavy for me to carry around hunting espically with a tree stand. Invest in a good carrying strap for whatever you get, and a cocking rope n pulleys. They are just awkward carrying through the woods till you get used to it.

That being said, you may have no issues if you have 2 arms, I only have one. :****:
I went back to shooting a small compound with a mouth tab.

I got a Ten Point in 2005 after i tore two tendons in my right arm. It has been a great bow. Also my 15yr old girl and 10 yr girl has kill turkeys with this bow.