• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

IF.....

tiny fuel cell, no extra tubework, 5.3 motor, 39" tires, now has 9"s front and rear, 2.0 shocks

camera angle makes mine look funny in this pic... its not choady and stubby like it looks here for some reason :ROFLMAO:

but his looks good!
Lol.. literally you posted that as I was typing haha.. it looks good. I think Nates gonna have to bring you out west this Feb for shenanigans hahahaha

Mine was built for more technical rock crawling, which is what I prefer. I run fiberglass hood/grill/cowl, and you'd be surprised at how well they hold up. Alum skins which are replaceable, and fairly cheap, and really do keep the mud/debris out. Chassis and suspension really are best of both worlds to me, comfort and performance. Suspension works really well both crawling and hitting it harder if you need to.

Attachments

• 54778C0C-CBEF-4C40-97CD-0916A4691E30.jpeg
    54778C0C-CBEF-4C40-97CD-0916A4691E30.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 183
Lol.. literally you posted that as I was typing haha.. it looks good. I think Nates gonna have to bring you out west this Feb for shenanigans hahahaha

there he is posting below you - the other half of PCR lol

we are planning on coming out for koh2021

The newer Bentfab stuff looks real nice, built for trailing arms, especially if you prefer a buggy look vs running a hood and grill.

I've noticed that they are a really cab-forward design so your feet end up way up beside the engine...

Partially committed racing i really like the looks of your buggies and can wait to see Josh driving his, but you need to realize this is Justins thread. It would be like building a buggy for Richie. Everyone will be like (that buggy is always rolling over,maybe there is something wrong with). Well Justin drives the same way. Usually on his roof before you can get a beer down. Just saying.

Partially committed racing i really like the looks of your buggies and can wait to see Josh driving his, but you need to realize this is Justins thread. It would be like building a buggy for Richie. Everyone will be like (that buggy is always rolling over,maybe there is something wrong with). Well Justin drives the same way. Usually on his roof before you can get a beer down. Just saying.
Sounds about right Roger. Lol just out for a good time

Actually now that you say it....ive
helped him recover that thing from its roof before haha

The newer Bentfab stuff looks real nice, built for trailing arms, especially if you prefer a buggy look vs running a hood and grill.

I've noticed that they are a really cab-forward design so your feet end up way up beside the engine...

The vision out of bent fab cars isn't great, and I'm not A fan of their link geometry.. their like a short fat girl with big tits

The vision out of bent fab cars isn't great, and I'm not A fan of their link geometry.. their like a short fat girl with big tits

Which bentfab you talking about? Arizona or Kentucky?

Ive never rode in one, but it looks like with the short/small hood, the sightlines would be much better than a lot of other options.

sale-assembly-1024x547.jpg

Ive never rode in one, but it looks like with the short/small hood, the sightlines would be much better than a lot of other options.

I think they are referring to Bent Fab in Ky. I have seen a few nice chassis they have made recently. What is your current setup as for motor, trans etc?

I have a BentFab chassis and absolutely love it.
The design allows plenty of vision (I can see all 4 tires from the seat) and, while, yes the engine is by your feet, it's because it's placed far back, not because the seat is far forward.

As far as the geometry, I'm super pleased with it. The front axle has an incredible bite and the rear travels over 24" with trailing arms on 14" shocks. @POR What don't you like about them ?

Jake and the crew at BKOR are awesome people and have a great chassis. It's hard to argue with the geometry, suspension and the whole engineering behind them. You can swipe a card and buy the same **** that podiums races. No other builder out there can say that in the SE. And if you've ever sat in one of them, you'll be blown away by the suspension performance. Everything that they learn racing gets put in the new rigs. There's a badass unit at the shop at the moment and I'm sure they'd happily let you drool over it. I'm just not a fan of how a rockbouncer looks and the BKOR unit definitely looks like one.

PCR, M&M, Jim's Garage, all make a similar looking chassis which have been proven many times to be an excellent fit for riding both in the SE and the West, many times.

WOD has probably the best looking rigs out there. The looks and wow factor are second to none imo. But that's not what I was after when I built mine.

And finally, Tim at BentFab is putting chassis kits out there that are an excellent bang for the buck. Their styling is unique and not common. The price is great. Brackets are available for the suspension, panels, a bunch of accessories etc... And Tim's support when it comes to putting your rig together is second to none. I would definitely and happily get another chassis from him if I were to put another buggy together. In a heartbeat.

Then there's some west coast guys but I'm assuming that's beside the point of this conversation.

Last edited:
If I could get 8500$ for mine with fuel cell, floor pans, headers and radiator, and fuel cell, would help a lot, if any one is interested you can pm me. Few people on here, have about talked me into keeping it, since it has the bugs worked out, and is a tough rig.

Kentucky.. he's gotten a lot better, but he still has tube in sight lines, it's a deep car, so behind sight is limited. There's room to save in the cradle area for clearance. I think when he gets to version 5 he'll be a lot better.. he's studying the west coast ways for crawlers lol! I always like to use red dot cars for example.. they are "big" but you can see through practically the whole car from the drivers seat.. they are amazingly well thought out. You can see all of Kevin's seat time in the rocks if you sit or ride in one. I'm not bashing bent fab at all.. he's doing west coast crawler things on the east coast, so props to him. His cars are just not my cup of tea..

Last edited:
The design allows plenty of vision (I can see all 4 tires from the seat) and, while, yes the engine is by your feet, it's because it's placed far back, not because the seat is far forward.

Nah man the cab is way farther forward than a bouncer style.

like on most Jimmy Smith buggys your ass is way back close to the back tire, but on yours you are not close to the back tire at all, even though they have the same wheel base...

As far as the geometry, I'm super pleased with it. The front axle has an incredible bite and the rear travels over 24" with trailing arms on 14" shocks. @POR What don't you like about them ?

Jake and the crew at BKOR are awesome people and have a great chassis. It's hard to argue with the geometry, suspension and the whole engineering behind them. You can swipe a card and buy the same **** that podiums races. No other builder out there can say that in the SE. And if you've ever sat in one of them, you'll be blown away by the suspension performance. Everything that they learn racing gets put in the new rigs. There's a badass unit at the shop at the moment and I'm sure they'd happily let you drool over it. I'm just not a fan of how a rockbouncer looks and the BKOR unit definitely looks like one.

PCR, M&M, Jim's Garage, all make a similar looking chassis which have been proven many times to be an excellent fit for riding both in the SE and the West, many times.

WOD has probably the best looking rigs out there. The looks and wow factor are second to none imo. But that's not what I was after when I built mine.

And finally, Tim at BentFab is putting chassis kits out there that are an excellent bang for the buck. Their styling is unique and not common. The price is great. Brackets are available for the suspension, panels, a bunch of accessories etc... And Tim's support when it comes to putting your rig together is second to none. I would definitely and happily get another chassis from him if I were to put another buggy together. In a heartbeat.

Then there's some west coast guys but I'm assuming that's beside the point of this conversation.
Crawling and trailing arns... that's u4 crap lol!!