• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

inner air locks ?

noracin

Anyone use the inner air locks or stuans in a bouncer style buggy ?

Curious if the hold up to a lot of wheel speed and the abuse ?

I think in a high hp rig they work well as inner beadlocks/rim cushions in conjunction with standard bolt type outer beadlocks.

I've had great luck with them on Toyotas, on standard rims, but I could see how they wouldn't hold up on a bouncer.

I haven't had a problem with them and several guys in our group have run them for years - we aren't bouncers yet but hardcore trail riding and crawling comps.
Stauns tubes have a history of not holding up to high speed jumps/impacts. Inner airlocks have not had any problems

we run them on H2's and have destroyed many rims and never replaced a tube, just reused them
I hit a tree and caved in a steel rim and bent the center and the tube and airlock were reused

I just sold my rig and am building new and just called Shawn today to order another set

I tried them in conjunction with outer beadlocks. Popped too many tubes for me and still didn't always hold the inner bead. Too much work. Went to H1's and very happy with them.

I wasn't overly impressed with the inner air locks. They were a pain in the ass to air down and I couldn't get the psi low enough for snow wheeling.