• Full coverage cause this thing cost a fortune

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Special ORV insurance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boobies and Pizza

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

Pat

For non-street legal, trailer only rigs do you have insurance on them?

Looking for responses to include type of rig (tube chassis, full bodied, or used to have a body) and type of license (ORV or vehicle license).

What type of insurnce do you have? Liability only, full coverage, etc.

On my Willys i have liability only, its full bodied still.

Havent talked to the insurance guy on the yota yet as it isnt going anywhere right now anyways

I carry B. I for a mill
that means if I get hurt in the truck I am covered and also anyone in it also

I didn't vote since "my insurance company won't cover my non-street legal vehicle" isn't in the poll.

Allstate BTW.

If it was a tube chassis rig they would cover it, if it was a Quad, Oddessy, Moto-bike, they would cover it. Since my Jeep was originally designed as an ON-road vehicle they "cannot" cover it as an ORV.

I think that's how the "system works" my problem is I need somebody smarter than the system to figure out how to cover my Junk!

So for now I guees if I wreck it it's my loss. That's not such a big deal. The thing I worry about (though not to the point of so worried I don't go wheeling) is running into/over or being run into/over by "somebody else".

Thats why I looked into the insurance thing.

I didn't vote since "my insurance company won't cover my non-street legal vehicle" isn't in the poll.

Allstate BTW.

If it was a tube chassis rig they would cover it, if it was a Quad, Oddessy, Moto-bike, they would cover it. Since my Jeep was originally designed as an ON-road vehicle they "cannot" cover it as an ORV.

I think that's how the "system works" my problem is I need somebody smarter than the system to figure out how to cover my Junk!

So for now I guees if I wreck it it's my loss. That's not such a big deal. The thing I worry about (though not to the point of so worried I don't go wheeling) is running into/over or being run into/over by "somebody else".

Thats why I looked into the insurance thing.
I will find the info and get it to you

Liability only, not so much cause af a trail incident, but moreso to appease the law in case of a short road run, or event that requires it....Progressive didn't care that it was an ORV, although it is sorta street legal----they'll take anybody's $$ at this point!!!:haha:

State Farm is more than willing to insure an ORV(liability/theft)...to them it is just like insuring a dirtbike,quad or atv......UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO COMPETE WITH IT:mad:
When I was setting up insurance on buggy..my agent asked if I was gonna compete/"race" with it and I said probably NOT but being honest I said "who knows....maybe Donner or a local event if it happens"........and that was it...she said if there was any chance I may compete with it....that was a whole different thing and they would NOT insure it do to the extra liability of a competion enviroment.:mad:

I tried to back peddle out of it but once I said "compete" that was it.....she (my agent of 8 years:rolleyes:) wouldn't work with me on it at all and gave me #'s to people at other Co.'s that dealt with high risk cases:rolleyes:

BOTTOM LINE DON'T MENTION THE "C" WORD AND MOST LIKELY YOU'LL BE FINE

I have liability only on my Jeep. But as far as the ins co is concerend it's a tiny little 4 cylinder tj. They don't actually know what it is. It runs me around $40/month.

I don't insure mine. Seems like a waste of my $ to insure my allready destroyed Pickup. It doesn't see any street time. I can see liability coverage for the "just in case" scenerio out on the trail, but odds are if you do collide with another rig in the woods it won't be involving any insurance claims. Oh, and the only trucks I've ever had actually crash into me in the woods have always been my OWN friends in the group, i didn't ask for their insurance.

someone was telling me the other week that state farm or farmers offers 'storage' insurance for $50/yr + pro rate whenever you take it out (just call 'em up). The nice thing about this is its cheap and you get a card for the vehicle, so you avoid getting ticketed by the cops. Then if you're going on a long trip or somewhere for a weekend, you call them up, leave a msg and it takes affect for when you want it to.

As for me, I have full insurance on the 85 4runner. Its ~$60/mo, and it comes with free towing. I need a new windsheild and I already got my rig towed from the freeway, so its paying itself off quite nicely.

The other nice thing about full insurance is theft. If you keep receipts and have pictures, you can get way more than blue book for your built rig if it gets stolen.

We have liability and some medical thing incase we or another get hurt in an accident.

My wife knows the specifics, I just fork over the 200 bucks it takes to insure it all year long; this is through Progressive and they dont care that it's a trailer queen.

I just remembered that accident between the jeep and international last year in Elbe. Hope the at-fault driver had insurance....That would be one ExPeNsIvE lawsuit if they didnt have insurance.

I have broad form...

I'm covered behind the wheel of anything...

My agent said it covers liability for the trail rig(still has plates)...

I have broad form...

I'm covered behind the wheel of anything...

My agent said it covers liability for the trail rig(still has plates)...

Same here. I have broadform too.:awesomework:

I am looking at the extra Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage to up the amount I have for me and my passengers for injury protection.:cool:

I voted boobies and pizza. :cool: The LJ is not insured, just licensed.

On another note, what insurance company are you guys going through for broadform? :corn:

im running liability too...
witch reminds me mines up soon and cost $750 a year up here