• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is any body else using Blackbirds custom caliper brackets for a Ford HP

kturner

It's not a good time til something gets broke!
I was wondering if anyone else was using Blackbirds customs Chevy caliper brackets on a Ford high pinion 60 ? When assembling mine I noticed that they send a caliper bracket and a 1/4 inch shim ring also. When these two are combined there is very little ,basically no shoulder left on the spindle to ride in the knuckle .I tried to leave the 1/4 shim ring out and then the inside brake pad would fit between the caliper bracket and the rotor.
I feel with thickness of the caliper bracket and the shim ring there is not not enough of the shoulder on the spindle riding inside the outer knuckle . It appears that the spindle is relying soley on the five 3/8 bolts to hold it in place .

Anyone encounter this problem ?

I dont know the brand of mine but they sound like the same thing only prob I had was this one time my wheel came off! I have Reid knuckles and I drilled and tapped the holes in the knuckle for 7/16 L9 bolts(have to grind the head round and to were its only slightly bigger than the bolt dia.) then drill the two plates! I only did my rear front is still stock with red loc tite 3/8 studs till one breaks.

I have 1/2 ton brackets on my HP 60 from Wide Open Design mine does not use a shim but they are actually a 3 piece design worked great give Adam or Rocky a call they can help you out