• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It's about turkey time at GMP

halcat

This is like a regular deal for our group. Four days of good trail riding and a Friday night meal. We are doing wings this year and usually have some left over. Some of our group is going to harlan ky that weekend but they will wish they were with us!! See everybody there.

Yes sir Chuck. Sorry. Forgot the date. Nov. 26,27,28,29. I'll camp all four days,(weather permitting) glad to see your coming.

I may try an make it up there saturday. IDK if any of my normal group is going to go or not. GMP is one of my favorite places to ride

The weather is looking pretty good for this ride. Might be a little windy for the awnings on the ole motor home but but no rain yet. Looks like the trails will be dry. If the food turns out good this will be a good ride. I believe I'll head down thursday morning and set up ( I only live 8 miles from GM ). See youall there

Thursday and Friday looks like the best two days. Weather man now has 70% rain for Saturday. It's greasy at GM when it's wet.

Jon Piper said:
I never been to gmp... What are a few of the trails or obstacles one must see if they come to the park ?

You can cover the park in a day-2 days of hard riding. My personal favorite trails are trail 4, 14 and the trails surrounding it (it's a loop you do a trail swing around and hit the others), and the jungle is cool.

Re: Re: It's about turkey time at GMP

Jon Piper said:
I never been to gmp... What are a few of the trails or obstacles one must see if they come to the park ?
Anything with a name.

And a lot of the trails are just as good ran either direction, or have multiple lines to get to the same place.

I can spend 1/2 a day or more just on the side of the park north of the motocross track, running multiple lines/obstacles

Jon Piper said:
Come over Thursday or Friday we will run some easy trails before it rains on Saturday.... Copperhead, DW, razorback. Just kidding... There are very view easy trails but a lot of moderate trails for built jeeps and several tough trails for even the best buggies. if you have a good rig, you can take two days to cover all the park. We run the tough trail in one day in one direction and the next day in the other direction. Maybe see you there.

Just a view hundred yards from the upper parking lot but there you end up on top. The whole park is only 500 acres. If you come in from the bottom not far at all and than you can try your luck at the jungle slab. I always try to park in the lower parking lot that way if you break, it's down hill to your truck.

Jon Piper said:
How far is the "jungle slab" from the parking area?

The exit trails from the jungle both left and right in the big rocks are even cooler the slab itself!

Trail 5 to crackhead is probably one of my favorite spots in the park too

TBItoy said:
The exit trails from the jungle both left and right in the big rocks are even cooler the slab itself!

Trail 5 to crackhead is probably one of my favorite spots in the park too

Plus the sketchy as **** bridge at the top of the slab. I'll never do that **** agian. :****: