• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep Danna 30 to Danna 44 conversion questions. Please help!!!

What would it take to make my stock 5 lugg wheels work on the new Danna 44 front end?

• buy ford outer parts?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • buy new 6 lugg wheels?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RC4x4built

I have a 1983 Jeep Cj7. ive been building the jeep for about 5 years now. its got the chevy 350, muncy 465 trans, 20 case, Danna 44 rear end that came out of 1975 international scout. the rear end has 4.88 gear. the only thing that is still stock is the danna 30 front end. I have a Danna 44 that im getting narrowed to the correct length. But it has the 6 lugg pattern. what would be the best thing to do to fix this? would it be worth while to round up all the ford outer parts and hubs, ect ect, to make my original wheels work. Or would it be better to just go purchase two 6 lugg wheels that look similar to my rear wheels? please help... this stuff is too confusing......

Thanks, keith.... [email protected]

Its been a while and can't remember the years, but won't the 30 knuckles swap over to that Dana 44. Then you can use all your outer 30 stuff. You might have to research or if you have them both, you should be able to compare. That's the quickest/easiest way if it will work.

Use the small bearing spindles for the chevy style knuckle and then use F150 hubs and brakes. Mine is done this way and no problems what so ever. You still use the GM style brake calipers and mounting. The spindles can be found for around $30 ea maybe less if you do some looking. I bought my hubs and rotors new but you can find them anywhere you find used ford parts.