• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jeep trails for camping/scenery

72dozer

Ok so guys I know most people in the off road world started out trail riding and most are wanting to hill kill these days. But I sold my buggy due to kids gaining more interest into the off-road game . So now I'm in a family rig and looking forward to do more trail riding and camping just thought we could maybe post up some good places to Do trails like this . in the south east

Anybody else have any interest in this ?

Re:

That's really what I like to do....minus the camping thing.

There's good scenery trails at windrock. More than I've ever been on. Some are just a lil too far out that I'd like to travel to.

Harlan is good for that too. You don't have to hit the hard trails to see some awesome views. They also have camping in remote areas on the mountains.

If you're within a couple of hours drive of Chattanooga, Prentice Cooper is a cool place to go for this sort of thing. It's not open all the time so make sure to check their website for dates as they do close it down to OHV use for the hunters at times. We rode 60 miles there a couple of weeks ago so the place is pretty big if all the gates are open. It's completely free to ride and camp. There's two campgrounds setup in the area. The south end overlooks the river and has several cool views. Also check out Lusk point if you go there. There's no hardcore rock crawling in this area though.

I like all the ideas I know about most of the parks but really looking for something where go in one day camp out on. The trail and ride out the next day . I didn't know that Harlan had camp grounds in the mountain that would be perfect
Keep it coming . I should have mentioned that all
The rigs that would go are at least on 35s locked front and rear

Don't forget the Cove. If you have never been it'd be good to have a local with you.

72dozer said:
I like all the ideas I know about most of the parks but really looking for something where go in one day camp out on. The trail and ride out the next day . I didn't know that Harlan had camp grounds in the mountain that would be perfect
Keep it coming . I should have mentioned that all
The rigs that would go are at least on 35s locked front and rear

Camping in the park in Harlan is awesome. I hate having to ride out into town during a weekend.

OP where you located/how far are you planning to travel?

Iam Located just north of Birmingham al . I don't mind traveling to Harlan I e ride there once and it was great !
Where is the cove located ?

Re: Jeep trails for camping/scenery

72dozer said:
Iam Located just north of Birmingham al . I don't mind traveling to Harlan I e ride there once and it was great !
Where is the cove located ?

The cove is about 20 minutes from Chattanooga, it's between Jasper and Whitwell. Tons of good riding and camping in there with plenty of scenery. Also very close to it is Aetna with some good riding and a lot of overlooks. Prentice Cooper is nice like mentioned above and it's right between the Cove and Aetna. And don't forget AOP also right there beside these three places! Plenty of good trail riding here around Chattanooga.

tyleecw said:
Don't forget the Cove. If you have never been it'd be good to have a local with you.

First time i ever really went offroading was in the Cove. It was in February and we camped by the waterfalls. I have never been that cold in my life i swear. I havent been there in years. Need to get back down in there.

72dozer said:
Ok so guys I know most people in the off road world started out trail riding and most are wanting to hill kill these days. But I sold my buggy due to kids gaining more interest into the off-road game . So now I'm in a family rig and looking forward to do more trail riding and camping just thought we could maybe post up some good places to Do trails like this . in the south east

Anybody else have any interest in this ?
I'm interested and sold my buggy also. One trail on the bucket list I've been looking into is the Daniel Boone backcountry byway in Kentucky. It's a 98 mile loop with lots of scenery. Looking forward to everyone's ideas and suggestions. I like the camping trailers people are pulling behind their rigs to haul camping gear etc. That's the only part I've never liked, loading and unloading all the camping stuff....with 5 kids it's like carrying the house with you thumb.gif

Ok guys we are going the 22nd which one is better for trail and good scenery aop or the cove that someone mentioned ?
And is there parking /camping at the cove

AOP is a great park, but not much as far as scenic trails/views go in my opinion. Especially during the warm months with all the foliage.

Skinney said:
AOP is a great park, but not much as far as scenic trails/views go in my opinion. Especially during the warm months with all the foliage.

X2

72dozer said:
Ok guys we are going the 22nd which one is better for trail and good scenery aop or the cove that someone mentioned ?
And is there parking /camping at the cove

Cove is a nice place to ride in terms of scenery etc.

check out Prentice Cooper State Park near Chattanooga too. Never been but the YouTube videos make it appear to be decent trails and nature too.