• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JohnG Health Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnG said:
Update: September 13, 2016.

Finally got about 6 hours sleep last
night after a combined 6 hours since Thursday. Feeling good. Showered and gowned up and ready to go to surgery to get a lot of fluid surrounding my lungs out. Once again, I have been prepared for a long and painful recovery. It what it is, always positive. Timing bad last night, gave sleeping meds and something for anxiety, waited 45 minutes for complete kick in, then decided it is time to train me on the B-Pap machine. Joy is a trooper and a huge asset to me in this situation, but I will have to get her post also. Let's just say, 15 trucks, a picnic a
basket, filled with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and my planned field trip to the zoo took up a lot of the night. Then I found if I took my oxygen and put it on the top of my nose, it would bring the nurses in. I owe some apologies to a great nurse that kept putting on and off the B- pap machine at my request. That drug to take the edge off, sliced my right down the middle. Now off to get fixed. I ask ,if you will, to stop and pray, this is the first doc that has had a poor attitude. However, I have talked the 3 of my doctors and they say he is the best technician, just lacks some in bedside manner. My chin is up and I am positive, please raise up my doctor for calm hands and to have excellent results. With gods will, I have the ability to kick this. Glory be to God.

Glory be to God Is right, you cant beat this alone, It's only by the grace of God that any of us are able to wake up in the morning and there's comfort in knowing that God is in control, I have been down a small path with Kidney cancer, it was nothing compared to the super highway your on, Pray, fight,Pray, fight,Pray some more. Press on to the mark.

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

u know I'm praying like a mad man.... We'll be killin tha trails before you know it. :woot:

Re: JohnG Health Issu

I do :)

I went to visit today and it started off a little rough, but got better as the day went along, to the point he had me crying laughing twice. I think I showed up right at the end of a pain medicine cycle, so that is why the rough start. Btw, JohnG officially won the parent lottery. His mother is sweet as sugar and owes me biscuit donuts with cinnamon.....just got to figure out when she's making them and where she lives to collect.

Anyone that gets the chance to stop by should try to. I try and send a message first out of courtesy. He has been appreciative of his visitors and spoke highly of all that have been praying for him and his family. Don't forget to toss in some prayers for his wife and daughter. John may be one of the best patients on record, but it's still rough on the family changing up their schedules and the lack of sleep. A perfect example though, of the sacrifices they are willing to make for him.

I know last night was his best rest since Thursday or Friday. A few more good days and "I" am hopeful he will get to go home. The doctors did reiterate that he won't go home until he is well enough, according to Nan. No reason to send him home for a day, just to come back the next.

I may have borrowed a sign from the hospital.....see random picture thread for a glimpse

Re:

Myself and the rest of our ohio crew that came down in February for the HL ride are all thinking and praying for him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lowbudgetjunk said:
I do :)

I went to visit today and it started off a little rough, but got better as the day went along, to the point he had me crying laughing twice. I think I showed up right at the end of a pain medicine cycle, so that is why the rough start. Btw, JohnG officially won the parent lottery. His mother is sweet as sugar and owes me biscuit donuts with cinnamon.....just got to figure out when she's making them and where she lives to collect.

Anyone that gets the chance to stop by should try to. I try and send a message first out of courtesy. He has been appreciative of his visitors and spoke highly of all that have been praying for him and his family. Don't forget to toss in some prayers for his wife and daughter. John may be one of the best patients on record, but it's still rough on the family changing up their schedules and the lack of sleep. A perfect example though, of the sacrifices they are willing to make for him.

I know last night was his best rest since Thursday or Friday. A few more good days and "I" am hopeful he will get to go home. The doctors did reiterate that he won't go home until he is well enough, according to Nan. No reason to send him home for a day, just to come back the next.

I may have borrowed a sign from the hospital.....see random picture thread for a glimpse

Thank you for the update. Glad he is doing better. Can't image what his family is feeling. May God be with all oh them

86chevota said:
Thank you for the update. Glad he is doing better. Can't image what his family is feeling. May God be with all oh them

Yes sir. His family are a bunch of troopers. Just hearing the stories of how they come together and how they tell them brightened my day. My daily dose of sunshine came from 715 Grandview.....two more days til my next dose.

I stopped back in today and saw John. He had his friends amd wife, so I sat in the corner quiet for a bit. His friend Brian is freaking funny as the day is long. He kept it up for over an hour, really a lively fellow that was really appreciated. I am bad with names, but the other fella was a little more reserved, but still adding to the comedy hour. It was nice to see these guys lifting spirits and telling stories all the way back to childhood.

He may be headed home as soon as tomorrow. Feel free to send minimum 2 PM's tonight, a piece, to give him 3-4 hours of sorting through emails and HL pm's. :flipoff1:

BTW, he looks better today than he did 2 days ago and was moving better, breathing better and spirits were still good too. Don't stop the prayers :dblthumb:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I stopped back in today and saw John. He had his friends amd wife, so I sat in the corner quiet for a bit. His friend Brian is freaking funny as the day is long. He kept it up for over an hour, really a lively fellow that was really appreciated. I am bad with names, but the other fella was a little more reserved, but still adding to the comedy hour. It was nice to see these guys lifting spirits and telling stories all the way back to childhood.

He may be headed home as soon as tomorrow. Feel free to send minimum 2 PM's tonight, a piece, to give him 3-4 hours of sorting through emails and HL pm's. :flipoff1:

BTW, he looks better today than he did 2 days ago and was moving better, breathing better and spirits were still good too. Don't stop the prayers :dblthumb:

:woot: That's awesome praying he gets to go home tomorrow !!!

Little bit of a sobering thought doing Wills and Medical Power of Atty. and durable Power of attorney. Had a few friends in to witness for the lawyer. Should get to go home tomorrow probably.

Sent using left thumb.

Re: Re: JohnG Health Issues

JohnG said:
Little bit of a sobering thought doing Wills and Medical Power of Atty. and durable Power of attorney. Had a few friends in to witness for the lawyer. Should get to go home tomorrow probably.

Sent using left thumb.
Death it's what I dread most in life, I panic when I think about doing a will. We've been praying for you and your family. Glad your recovering well.

JohnG said:

Sent using left thumb.

Get home and rest up so we can go ride! Don't forget about Casey race :tc should be priceless :driving:

JohnG said:

Sent using left thumb.

Do what you gotta do, but stay mentally strong and focused on getting through this bud. Half the game is keeping **** straight in your head during times like this. thumb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.