• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Kentucky Kid Buggy potential one seater price reduced

IRONMIKE

O.D.
This rig has been under construction for over a year. It is the second of three buggies I have designed and built. It brakes my heart to see it go, but I just do not have the time to finish it. To start off with this is a close copy to the Honda Powered Kid buggy built by Jimmy in Georgia. All the enginering was posted on Pirate and I copied and modified accordingly. This entire project was built in Solid Works so nothing rubs when it goes down the trail. The buggy is powered by a 1.5 Honda Civic engine and transaxle. The radiator is brand new. The front axle out of a 1984 Toyota pick up truck. The rear axle is out of a mid 80s Toyota FJ. They are both bone stock. The front and rear suspension are 2 link. Both lower links mount to the frame with Rough Stuff Specialties 1.25 Heims. Those Heims are as big as a beer can. The panard bars as long as they could be with R.S.S .75 Heims on each end. The air shocks are Fox 2.0 with 12" stroke. The tires are BFG Mud T.A. mounted on black steelies. The bead lockers are D.I.Y. weld on. The seats are low back suspension seats by Race Trim. The entire chassis is 1.5 and 1.00 D.O.M. and has a 95" wheel base. It is un welded and un painted. I do not have these items, but the plan was to use a manual brake assembly, Trail Gear hydraulic steering, 4 gallon fuel cell and window nets. I have a Toyota master cylinder if the buyer decides to go with a similar set up to the Honda Kid buggy on pirate. I also have all the computer and wiring harness from the donor car and a ammo can to make it all water resistant. This buggy was designed for kids that would grow to be about 5'4" tall like there mother. Any bigger and you may get a head ache. Asking $3500 open to reasonable offers, no trades.
'

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

• IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 199
Re: Kentucky Kid Buggy

Looks like a kick ass start. Lots of potential.

Re: Kentucky Kid Buggy potential one seater

Thanks for the looks fella's. The seats on this rig sit on there own sub frame. It would only take an hour or so to make this into a fun little one seater for a grown up. Plus the axles could easily be made to handle 37"-39" tires. Again I am open to reasonable offers.

If my daughter was older I would be on this. It's exactly what I want her to have. Free bump for you and good luck.

Wont Work, this would be your best bet in the long run. You could not build it for what I am asking for it. You are for sure not going to build it in 2 or 3 years for what I have in it now. I am open to reasonable offers.

IRONMIKE said:
Wont Work, this would be your best bet in the long run. You could not build it for what I am asking for it. You are for sure not going to build it in 2 or 3 years for what I have in it now. I am open to reasonable offers.

I agree but I don't want it sitting around that long.

Yes, It was a fun trip. Wish you would have gone. When are we going to go wheeling again. I am planning on going to Southern Shine, also the fire house ride is coming up.

Is it an obd1 motor or better said what year is it and have u cut the harness down yet or does that still have to be done because if that is holding anybody up their is a company that builds Honda sub harnesses that are plug and play called rywire (www.rywire.com) awesome company if you build Honda's

The engine is out of a 1994 Honda Civic. I started thinning the harness down before I removed it from the car. That means it is still stock and looks like poo. If I decide to use it I still need to clean it up shorten some wires and clean up others. I do have every wire from car and all the electronics to make it run, just not to that point yet. Thanks for the heads up about the harness. If it does not cost a fortion I may go that route.

599 for a mil spec harness everything is new no 20 year old plastic plugs that break when u touch em they build nice products tho used em for years. I honestly think you'd get more for it running bro not everybody has the means or no how to finish such a nice project. Props on a sweet build man
:dblthumb:

Thanks man for the props. I know it should fetch more if it were finished. At this point the buyer could make it his own. Finish it to there standards, not mine. I am going to let it ride on here for a bit longer, then its back to the lab for more knife time. Once again I am open to reasonable offers. There is no way you could fab something similar for less money.