• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kid friendly buggy deaign

skipnrocks

I am building a transverse engine buggy with my kids. And I love the visibility of not having stuff in front of the seats. So here is my question. I wanted to do something creative and put the brake cylinder and possibly the orbital valve.

So first question is this a bad idea. If not what ideas you got?

I thought of doing a cnc mastercylinder but thought it may be too tough for the Little's to push.

The buggy is on tons with 40 in stickies to give an idea on weight and tires were tying to stop

I'm using a ebay 7" booster setup. Not sure how it works yet cause I'm not done with the buggy but I'd say a booster of some sort would help a ton....if you can package it in there.

I used hydro boost and and a dbw pedal, both on an adjustable mount. Think like a seat track. Seat and orbital does not move. My kids could reach the steering easy.
My advise to to build ahead of the growth curve. They catch up fast.

That's good advice. They are 5 9 and 12. And going from a go cart to 116 in wheel base buggy on 40 in stickies and 14in ori all around. It should do all they want for a long time.

I ordered a mustang hydro boost, the same I have in my buggy and it's small but strong. I think I'm going to mount it under the floor and put a connector rod back to it.

Now I just need to package steering out of the way.