• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kids 4wheeler?

nealcj8

I am liiking for a kids 4wheeler for my 8 year old daughter for christmas and I was wondering what was a decent one for her to start with. I don't want to spend a fortune on one because she may loose interest in it real quick but I don't want to buy a piece of **** just in case I want to resell it .

Sent you a pm.

I don't have alot of experience with them but we have 2 Polaris 90's and they've been great. One good thing about it is if you need parts for it you can get them Basch Bros. in Cullman

All I can say is those TaoTao ones are junk. My BIL got 2 of them and all of the electronics went out on both. Currently swaping in a 6hp pull-start engine.

Beerj said:
All I can say is those TaoTao ones are junk. My BIL got 2 of them and all of the electronics went out on both. Currently swaping in a 6hp pull-start engine.

I've always heard all those cheap Chinese ones are pieces of crap. And when they tear up you have to try and find parts online and don't always have good luck with that.

I'm getting ready to sell a Yamaha raptor 80, if you can find one of those close its been a great little 4 wheeler.

MoparMan said:
I've always heard all those cheap Chinese ones are pieces of crap. And when they tear up you have to try and find parts online and don't always have good luck with that.
Yeah. Unfortunately, said BIL fancied himself an electrical engineer and tried to fix it himself. Even though I got a replacement factory harness, he had cut off most of the connectors to the components so there wasn't anything to hook it to.

Beerj said:
Yeah. Unfortunately, said BIL fancied himself an electrical engineer and tried to fix it himself. Even though I got a replacement factory harness, he had cut off most of the connectors to the components so there wasn't anything to hook it to.

Wow! Is he the same one that had the dash tore out of something that you put a picture of on here a while back?

One of many issues.
c880ad8cef2c4a3bd86fe268a579b216.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Honda TRX 90 or Suzuki LT 80. Both are super reliable and if you pay a reasonable price for one, you'll pretty much get your money back when you resell it if it's decent condition. Just don't go buy a new one or you'll lose money.

Absolutely stay away from the Chinese junk, they are extremely unreliable and parts are hard to find. Plus it's hard to explain to a kid that they can't ride their new toy because it's a broken piece of junk.

I've had great luck with Eton , my sons beat on a Viper 90 for years and it just took whatever they through at it. If I remember correctly Eton manufactures the youth ATV's for Polaris ..or maybe it's Kymco?

Yamaha 80s are great I really like the 125 for the auto transmission. Honda has some really good small atvs, but they are pricey even used. Polaris and Bombardier had the same atvs in the early 2000s, just different stickers around 90cc in 2 stroke flavors. I have owned all the ones mentioned the 2 strokes would fly even with me on it. The Yamaha breeze 125, has forward and reverse and can be turned down at the throttle to prevent going fast, and my recommendation.

I bought my 7 year old girl a Suzuki Ozark 250 last year for Christmas. She loves it, it's still small enough but she won't out grow it either. She had a cheap Chinese I payed $50 and put a new $18 carb on. She rode the wheels off that thing so I upgraded her.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had a Suzuki LT 50 for my son and was very pleased with it. Ran good, started easy and was an automatic. Also had a tether switch on it if that is something to consider. It was a 2003 and at the time paid $1100 I think for it and ran it for a few years and got my money back on it. The small ones hold value really good.

Honda trx90. I bought one for $500 to ride around the bbq competitions when I used to do that stuff. Yamaha Raptor 80, Polaris 90 or whatever. They all work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys I figured that the Chinese stuff was probably junk. My daughter is usually scared of her own shadow but a buddy of mine was at the house the other day with a Polaris 90 and she rode it and that's all she's talking about for Christmas.