• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Knee Surgery/Problems

J/Cope79

So I am going to have a knee surgery/procedure to repair a torn or damaged meniscus on my right knee. Im sure Im not the only one on here that has some sort of experience with knee problems. Doctors can often be overly optimistic when talking about recovery and rehab so with that being said what am I Really looking at as far as down time. I know that every individual case will vary but Im just looking for outside input from someone that has been through this already. :popcorn:

They told me I would be down for a bought 3 days an I was down more then a week .
But I do know this now all they do is go in an clean it up so when I got home I thought I would tare something if I was to active .
I went physical therapy and they explained it all to me and they said to do the most I can and that would make me recover quicker.
Bending down and going downstairs with rough for around a year

If it is a torn Meniscus, it should be just a snip snip and ice it for a day or two and get back on the horse type deal. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

4 knee surgeries same knee. Meniscus repair, year later they look part of it out while they were in there they noticed my ACL was tore in a strange spot the the MRI didn't show so two weeks later I had a MRI repair ( It was hell) then another year later they went in and cleaned up all the scare tissue. Meniscus I was down a week or so. ACL was hell, several days, but PT said it was so bad because I just had surgery 2 weeks before and my knee wasent heeled.

I have had both of mine done if your ins will let you rent one of these Breg Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy System they are the ****.
I had a vender let me borrow one for my first knee then we bought one when I had my second knee done.
You can fill it up in the morning and will last all day and a hell of a lot better then dealing with ice packs.
Biggest thing I can tell you is do what your Doctor tells you and stay off of it for two to three day and your recovery will be better.
If you think just because it feels fine and you start walking on it to quick you will pay for it later.
Good luck

Yea its a torn meniscus on the inside of my right knee.
Shitty part is i live in a 2 story house and theres not a level spot on my property . Guess i'll live down stairs for a while.

I have had seven surgeries on my left knee. If it is just a meniscus you should be fine depending on where the tear is, if it is on the outside in then they just trim it out. If it is torn rite in the middle of the meniscus then they will have to sow it back together which takes much more time. I have had both done and if it is on the outside in then you should be walking on it the same day depending on your pain thresh hold. If they have to sow it you will be on crutches for several weeks. Good luck

I had my meniscus trimmed on my left knee. Dr said I'd be down a few days and should be back to work within a week. When he was in there he discovered I had some arthritis in that knee and warned I may have trouble with it. I was out of work for 2 weeks and it hurt like hell for several months afterwards.

My meniscus is ****ed up but I refuse to have surgery. I messed it up in highschool (10-11) years ago. Refused surgery then still not going to do it today. I can walk it just hurts like a mofo for about 1 hour when I wake up.

Latest posts