• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH Shootout Commentary

BLT94YJ

Did anybody else laugh at the horrid KOH shootout commentary?

Go to 1:47

Josh's PCR buggy pulls up and this was the quote...

Guy 1: "Got a tube-type buggy with a jeep frontend so I guess we can kinda call it a jeep"
Guy 2: "The first jeep we've seen" "HaHaHaHa"

:confused:

Did anybody else laugh at the horrid KOH shootout commentary?

Go to 1:47

Josh's PCR buggy pulls up and this was the quote...

Guy 1: "Got a tube-type buggy with a jeep frontend so I guess we can kinda call it a jeep"
Guy 2: "The first jeep we've seen" "HaHaHaHa"

:confused:

I thought it was better than we have seen in the past.
Like he has copper wheels. lol

Was that West Coast/East Coast guy screaming or the other guy randomly screaming over top of the motor noises all the times?
He's talking about the year they gave Tripp a mic I presume. Lol

In the chat most people just complained about the lack of motor noise and the lame music they had instead. I think they got that sorted by the end.

Also, the recovery crew seemed very unprepared. Long ass recovery on the first few rolls. Thankfully most of the drivers after that had enough sense to not go full retard and waste everyone's time.

He's talking about the year they gave Tripp a mic I presume. Lol

In the chat most people just complained about the lack of motor noise and the lame music they had instead. I think they got that sorted by the end.

Also, the recovery crew seemed very unprepared. Long ass recovery on the first few rolls. Thankfully most of the drivers after that had enough sense to not go full retard and waste everyone's time.
Tripp is a nice enough fella the couple of times I've met him, but give him a microphone and I hit the mute button.

So I'll gladly take Ian Johnson, one of the foreigners (Jim Marsden, Ben Napier, etc), Pam Hall, or Matthew Holt (SRRS guy) as announcers for any of the U4 events.

For as many years as they've had the Shootout now, it seems to get more disorganized to put on, less people competing, and the recovery crew seems meh at best etc. All that said, I'll keep watching.

I think the SRRS has lost a decent amount of drivers who use to put on the show out there. So Matt holt is the only person who is out there from the SRRS. Plus why put a $7500 pay out on the cake walk part and $2500 payout on the bounty "waterfall" in the desert!

I think the SRRS has lost a decent amount of drivers who use to put on the show out there. So Matt holt is the only person who is out there from the SRRS. Plus why put a $7500 pay out on the cake walk part and $2500 payout on the bounty "waterfall" in the desert!
Matt did really good as an announcer last night. Was really surprised that there wasn't a single SRRS big name that went out there to compete.

The payout structure and location was definitely dumb. Stage 1 should have ended right before the massive ledges and to get the $ for Stage 1, you should have had to at least lay tires on the massive ledges.

Matt did really good as an announcer last night. Was really surprised that there wasn't a single SRRS big name that went out there to compete.

The payout structure and location was definitely dumb. Stage 1 should have ended right before the massive ledges and to get the $ for Stage 1, you should have had to at least lay tires on the massive ledges.

I saw we need to bring back bounty hills and Dirt Riot! Everyone would be happy then!

Tripp is a nice enough fella the couple of times I've met him, but give him a microphone and I hit the mute button.

So I'll gladly take Ian Johnson, one of the foreigners (Jim Marsden, Ben Napier, etc), Pam Hall, or Matthew Holt (SRRS guy) as announcers for any of the U4 events.
Miles is the only one I can't listen to. His voice just grates my nerves. That and the way he vomits all the sponsor names every 30 seconds. I'm sure he's a nice guy, just mute when he's on. Lol

I feel like SRRS itself is losing popularity as well, but that's a whole other story.

The shootout has definitely gotten worse each year for the last several years. Less participants, bad announcing, and no backdoor.

B0F80AD7-E04B-453F-943B-D26F294C981B.jpeg

I saw we need to bring back bounty hills and Dirt Riot! Everyone would be happy then!

I'd be alright with spectating both of those series. I feel like ProRock Endurance would be a logical replacement for Dirt Riot but haven't been to one of their events in a long time. Ultra4 would benefit from a smaller series to get drivers more seat time and I'm hoping that ProRock combining with new American Endurance Series can help make that happen.

Miles is the only one I can't listen to. His voice just grates my nerves. That and the way he vomits all the sponsor names every 30 seconds. I'm sure he's a nice guy, just mute when he's on. Lol
That's funny on Miles. I know you aren't alone in that thinking. He's a genuine "Bad Ass" of a guy though.

I love listening to him due to his knowledge base and honestly tune out most of the sponsor stuff. Although any time we buy something "we try to support those who support the sport."

Last edited:
That's funny on Miles. I know you aren't alone in that thinking. He's a genuine "Bad Ass" of a guy though.

I love listening to him due to his knowledge base and honestly tune out most of the sponsor stuff. Although any time we buy something "we try to support those who support the sport."
We started a drinking game.

"Bronco arch" drink
"Presented Nitto tires" drink
"Powered by optima batteries" drink

You can imagine if it was actually followed, things would get out of hand quickly.

I found this pic from 2 years ago. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_181201_094.jpg
    IMG_20200207_181201_094.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 148
46" treps
"look at those red whips"

For as many years as they've had the Shootout now, it seems to get more disorganized to put on, less people competing, and the recovery crew seems meh at best etc. All that said, I'll keep watching.

When you say Tripp are speaking of the one who has Tourettes and constantly screams kNoW dAt? :dunno:

We started a drinking game.

"Bronco arch" drink
"Presented Nitto tires" drink
"Powered by optima batteries" drink

You can imagine if it was actually followed, things would get out of hand quickly.

I found this pic from 2 years ago. Lol

If you followed that drinking game there's a 100% chance of liver failure before Lap 1 is completed!

"look at those red whips"

When you say Tripp are speaking of the one who has Tourettes and constantly screams kNoW dAt? :dunno:
dat be the one!