• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH Southern rigs

454tbacon I am bring my **** up there this year and plan on beating the **** out of it. My wheel base is 110" these atena buggys are what 130''? Also dont talk about belly height because at desert dress mine is at 18'' and crawling 15''. I love all the atena buggys but it a whole different ball game going fast. Ive had mine to 111mph how fast have you had yours 454tbacon or how fast has wes had his to. Its a whole different ball game going fast.

:popcorn: You must admit though...It would be a hella fun time to just take some southern Buggy's out west and give em hell, and bring some west coast rigs East to wheel for a few weeks. To each his own. I don't know enough about West coast wheelin to comment on the technical stuff, but I am sure it can be crazy as hell at 70 across the sand!! :driving:

aetnarearsteer said:
Not crazy, just good!

warning :tc :tc :tc alert

yeah i agree, he's not crazy in the normal sense of the word- imo he has that rare ability to tune out fear and not worry about the potential consequences of what he's doing kind of like top rock climbers or kayakers. and i def think as far as game goes he's just got that IT factor kinda like Travis Pastrana that he could drive the wheels off whatever you put him in. if you put him in a proper KOH rig with $$$ shocks and a pro to tune it for him he would either be right there with the top dawgs or he would crash and burn in a spectacular fireball

Aetna rigs would be cool to watch on the sandhills and rocks but I would be surprised to over 15mph in the rough. I was lucky to hold 35-40 last year in the rough stuff after breaking my shocks down for tuning a few times. Its a different world and driveline vibrations will kill ya. You can take a beating for ten mins, but I doubt you can take one in the rough for over an hour.

Still would love to see it. Would be pretty awesome to see an aetna buggy on backdoor owning it!

and he'd be in traction for a year for still running a Kirkey seat.

From what I've been reading ,a Kirky might be a better choice than a suspension seat. I looks like alot of the desert guys are going to a more rigged seat like a sparco over the suspension seats like mastercraft and beard.

TOMMY RAINS said:
how ever i think he would be very competitive with his current buggy with some shock work and he would do it just say i told you so .

I don't disagree that Wes can drive, **** he won every local comp this year I think. But I do disagree with the above, just would not happen without tons of changes and money. In a fast car, he would do well with some tuning and pratice. This past weekend running around my house we got the car up to 99mph, and it felt stable, smooth and had zero vibes. We have spent over 2 years testing and tuning my car to get it to this point and it can still be improved and will once we hook up with Joel at Bilstein.

it still irritates me that you refer to your jeep looking rig as a "car"... that **** is stupid and it just proves that you are a wanna be west coaster... ;D

draggbody said:
it still irritates me that you refer to your jeep looking rig as a "car"... that **** is stupid and it just proves that you are a wanna be west coaster... ;D
hey quit picking on his car, its a good car, its a nice car, its a clean car, its not your car :tc

454tbacon said:
Only thing is we're not desert racers,we don't have a desert to try our rigs out on ,I say lets bring their stuff out here and see how they do.
Ok, decide what you want. It is okay to say "let's take the Aetna rigs out west and spank every west coast rigs ass", then you turn around and say "they need to bring their rigs out here and see how they do". Reading between the lines you are saying the west coast rigs will not work over here. You guys need to wake up and open your eyes to what is going on. There were some west coast rigs that did very well at Rausch Creek this past year. And like MattO said, until you go out West and see what it really takes and know who the guys to beat are you should reserve your comments. Threads like this only make those of you look foolish.

And draggbody, have you seen the pics of my new CAR :flipoff1:

Lets set this up. When is a good time for everyone to load up their Tennessee buggies and make the 2 day drive out to Johnson Valley. Would have to keep the rig count to around 10 so we could hit all of the obstacles at the hammers in 2 days? Then go to another spot and wheel for a few days (moab)? Rubicon? It would be amazing to see the East coast rigs on some Western obstacles!

Who's game?

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Lets set this up. When is a good time for everyone to load up their Tennessee buggies and make the 2 day drive out to Johnson Valley. Would have to keep the rig count to around 10 so we could hit all of the obstacles at the hammers in 2 days? Then go to another spot and wheel for a few days (moab)? Rubicon? It would be amazing to see the East coast rigs on some Western obstacles!

Who's game?

There's this little race in Johnson Valley where you used to hit every obstacle in roughly 12 hours......... :flipoff1:

Rubicon??? Its a trail, not obstacles so to speak except crawling through the Sluice. Moab, yawn, its for jeeps on 35's, except Upper Helldorado (1 climb). I suggest Albakirkey/Farmington and hitting up some Choke Cherry Canyon booyang

The whole east vs. west thing is stupid, who cares. I am sure both sides will do well in each environment, it is all wheeling after all. My point was that it takes a more specific rig to be competitive in KOH and that until you try it you should hold your comments. The race is very unique and hard to prepare for for those of us in the South, because you cannot pratice in a desert environment around here. I would love to see more people from the south compete in KOH, it is great for the sport and will help it grow. If you are considering it I highly suggest you make the trip out and see for yourself. Just don't be surprised if there are not hundreds of :tc that know who you are :flipoff1:

If a bunch of Aetna buggys hit the Rubicon It would make front page news on Tree Hugger Weekly. I think you can only pull your rig 50' off the main trail to camp, it might be less than that. Even the rocks are protected space. Pack in pack out even the smallest of spills have to be cleaned up.

JIMMY HOWS YOUR CAR DOIN? YOU BEEN ON ANY RIDES LATELY IN YOUR CAR?YOU STILL RUNNING THAT 454 IN YOUR CAR? YOU SURE HAVE A NICE CAR.

Come on to this Texas series. The Beal family that owns Texana ranch have agreed to the standard courses for the desert guys, then rock sections for the 4400's to deviate from the desert course to hit rock trails and obstacles then back on the desert course.

So it would be like any desert race with the other cars the dust the FAST, but then the 4400's get some rock trails!!!! Boo yaaa!!!!

The Beal family that owns Texana ranch have agreed to the standard courses for the desert guys, then rock sections for the 4400's to deviate from the desert course to hit rock trails and obstacles then back on the desert course.

See, it's getting closer to the east.

HAH.........yall just let MY ASS win a big Ga. lottery,....and I will BUILD / BUY enough..."ROCKBUGGIES / CARS / ROCK RIGS / RACE JEEPS to race ANYBODY ANYWHERE.......ANYTIME....or TERRAIN......

WEST COAST , EAST COAST, SOUTH COAST , NORTH COAST and ALL UP IN THE ****IN MIDDLE, HELL MIGHT EVEN PUT ONE ON A DAMN SHIP TO GO RACE SOME ASSHOLE ACROSS AN OCHIN :****:

JUST GIMME THE MONEY :flipoff1:

bigsilly said:
Ok, decide what you want. It is okay to say "let's take the Aetna rigs out west and spank every west coast rigs ass", then you turn around and say "they need to bring their rigs out here and see how they do". Reading between the lines you are saying the west coast rigs will not work over here. You guys need to wake up and open your eyes to what is going on. There were some west coast rigs that did very well at Rausch Creek this past year. And like MattO said, until you go out West and see what it really takes and know who the guys to beat are you should reserve your comments. Threads like this only make those of you look foolish.

And draggbody, have you seen the pics of my new CAR :flipoff1:

Dustin Webster Rules.
He can roll up to a In and Out burger joint in L.A.in his Car and then hit a Burger King in Pa. like Oprah at a buffet :****: molaugh

Cole said:
Nathan while I agree with you about Wes being an awesome driver, I think you under estimate what some of the west coast guys are capable of. Shannon Campbell is unreal behind the wheel.
I would love to see Wes drive a car like Shannons. Im sure he could run up front with a little seat time in the desert.
i def agree with that. im just trying to rag some folks

Latest posts