• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

Why I'm broke :****:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 183
Money Burner said:
This has been our tow rig for the past year. Its a 1966 All Wheel Drive Impala. 6.0 motor, 3.73 limited slip axles, anti lock brakes, dual heat and air units and a class three hitch for pulling our jeep. Yes it real and if your from the Birmingham area you probably have seen us pulling it. It gets some weird looks going down the road with our jeep behind it.

I just had to bump this because...

I mean COME ON this is awesome!!!

I absolutely love the TOPKICK!

So i have a few questions about the GMC Topkick, do you have to have a CDL license to drive this....Can you pull both fifth wheel and a bumper pull type trailers with something like this.... What type of mileage do they get?

I only ask this because i have no clue and i don't know anyone who has any experience with this type of truck.

ftoy516 said:
I absolutely love the TOPKICK!

So i have a few questions about the GMC Topkick, do you have to have a CDL license to drive this....Can you pull both fifth wheel and a bumper pull type trailers with something like this.... What type of mileage do they get?

I only ask this because i have no clue and i don't know anyone who has any experience with this type of truck.

My work has one that I have to drive sometimes. You do not have to have a cdl as long as it is rated at under 26k lbs. Yes, you can pull a fifth wheel of it has a flat bed...not sure if it has a regular pickup bed, it might be too tall. The one I drive is a regular cab 2wd with a 12' flat bed.....the best it ever gets is 10 mpg while empty, if you put any kind of load on it it'll drop down as low as 7 mpg.

Truck has 38k on it now picked it up 3 yrs ago with 7500 on it mainly just a tow rig but some around town driving and pulling a boat as well very happy with truck, overall mileage could be better empty average 14.5-15 (not highway) loaded we used to average 9.5 to 12 but new trailer shows to be pulling mileage as low as 7.5 but not much we can do to change that right now

Lanery said:
Truck has 38k on it now picked it up 3 yrs ago with 7500 on it mainly just a tow rig but some around town driving and pulling a boat as well very happy with truck, overall mileage could be better empty average 14.5-15 (not highway) loaded we used to average 9.5 to 12 but new trailer shows to be pulling mileage as low as 7.5 but not much we can do to change that right now

10-4 my 2nd favorite ford tuck they made . Thank for the info great looking truck

7.3 being the 1st? This truck replaced a 350k mile 7.3 and I still miss that truck crazy what a set of stage 1 injectors and a ball bearing turbo can do for a 7.3