• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lets talk "adapters".

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So as per the other discussion you guys posed great reasons to go with the auto--and I am on board to make the jump.

I am looking for a donor trans now but before I can have anything built I need to decide what dana 300 adapter to go with. I know Novak,JB and AA have adapters but no idea how "good" they are. One thing I wanna be able to do is clock it to try and match what I have currently in the rig which I would assume going with a clocking ring is my only option.

In any case any input would be great since I need to finish this step before anything can be built once I get a tranny :awesomework:

I like novak adapters,, ive used one behind the th350 and was on 7/8 of an inch and it has the seal built into it so no messy silicone to seal it up. when i did my th400 swap i used novak again,, came with seal built in and all hardware, both adapters have been beaten on for about 3 years each and never any problems/leaks etc. i also prefer the novak clocking better than the advance one.

I'm using Advance Adapters in both jeeps, but then again, I'm also using Atlas transfer cases.

As far as my knowledge base goes, both AA and Novak are good, if new or newer. Some of the old (like 20+ years) were cast and more prone to failure.

What trans are you going with? I have a new late 4l60e novak adaptor kit that includes a new trans output and uses a stock Dana 300 input.

Novak sucks, I've been very happy with my aa adapter. They even gave me a killer deal when I told them about novaks junk adapters and the not warrantying there crappie adapters

JB Conversions here. Good product and everything was as advertised.

I am using their clocking ring and adapter as well as 32 spline input shaft to go from my T400 to Dana 300

So looking at 3 right now.

So the

AA adapter
3.625" long
2 clocking positions
Uses Spud shaft
$513.66 (50-6304)

Novak
3.1" long
3 clocking positions
New t-case input
$508 (135-s)

JB
1.5" long(with rotation plate)
4 clocking positions
New t-case input
$460 (on sale) (10-1009)

Something I'd look at is clearance between the 300 front output and the th350. A short adapter would be nice to keep leverage off the tail of the trans (I snapped a housing oops) but will the driveline clear?

If you can do it I'd run the jb adapter. It's priced right and it's short along with changing to a 27 spline input which is stronger.

Something I'd look at is clearance between the 300 front output and the th350. A short adapter would be nice to keep leverage off the tail of the trans (I snapped a housing oops) but will the driveline clear?

If you can do it I'd run the jb adapter. It's priced right and it's short along with changing to a 27 spline input which is stronger.

I am really leaning towards the JB adapter for a few reasons that set it apart from the others. I am not worried about the tailshaft housing as I have done a few auto's in rigs and pretty much got the xmember figured out.

Running a 1310 front output with a thin shaft--but that can all be reworked at that time.

Nice thing about the HP pro-rocks---front shaft is almost flat so the smaller joint holds up great.

So I talked with JB and they have been out of the adapter and have no ETA on when it will come back in stock.