• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little different seat question?

jeepjeep

I'm trying to get my Dad's dune buggy (woods buggy, rail buggy, whatever you wanna call it) back together and running for him. Its getting a Subaru EJ22 motor along with a bunch of other new stuff. Last time it was running (~10 years ago) it had those shitty fiberglass seats with a little cushion in the bottom. He just turned 60 and has had two back surgeries. He's still pretty wild behind the wheel and I'd like to get him some seats in there so he can actually enjoy riding hard.

I was thinking suspension seats so I borrowed a buddys Corbeau Baja SS and set in there, flat on the floor pan. I wish I would have taken some pics but it was pretty much wrong in every direction. I'd have to re-do the whole side of the chassis to get it centered with the steering wheel, and with the cage as is only gave me about 1.5" of headroom. I'd also be looking straight into the top of the windshield frame/tube, and the steering wheel is just too low with no good way to adjust it.

Can anyone tell me how RZR suspension seats compare with the full size ones. Mainly in width and thickness from seat pad to bottom.

I don't about rzr seats but had the same problem with seats in my buggy I used epoxy racing seat and to cut the sides some to make them and tilted them back to get some more head room. You check out
Woodsbuggy .com those guys can tell you anything you need to know about a buggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some twisted stich Excel seats. They mount different on the bottom because they come with a plate to mount to the rzr you have. I'm using them for my ride because I got a really good deal on them and they were SUPER comfortable riding in them in a rzr. Here are some pics with measurements. I'm also going to have to move my steering wheel to the left to center it back up. That's a lot easier to do than redoing your cage in my opinion. It's 34 1/2 inches tall sitting level on the ground. I'm 5 10 and my head doesn't go past the top of the seat but about an inch.

Thanks for the measurements. I think a sxs is gonna be the way to go. They are about the only thing narrow enough.

I have purchased a couple of custom seats from PRP. They make nice stuff to your specks. Really easy to work with also.