• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Ok maybe not sparks--well some outa my head,lol.

So I ripped the silly stock steering parts off the rig :redneck:

gmb214.jpg

I got the knuckles drilled out and rod ends thrown on the new tie rod. At first I just threw the tie rod on to get some ideas bouncing in my head.

gmb215.jpg

At this point I noticed an issue I need to resolve. I went and checked the caster and its sitting at like 11 degrees---oh my. So I have some shims coming to get that somewhat corrected. Now granted its not extreemly critical with how this rig will be used compared to a rig that will see the street allot. But it needs to be corrected mainly because I need the room between the springs and steering arms for the tie rod to sit on top of the steering arms. But making some progress :awesomework: and once the tie rod is able to be bolted down then I can swing into ram mode.

And I thought my build was long..............:redneck:

Well at least we have 989 plus more years before the next millenimum (sp).

Take your time and do it right Crash......ROFLMAO:fawkdancesmiley::redneck::D

And I thought my build was long..............:redneck:

Well at least we have 989 plus more years before the next millenimum (sp).

Take your time and do it right Crash......ROFLMAO:fawkdancesmiley::redneck::D

Come on, it's only been up there 3 1/2 years, Jackson won't be able to drive it until.............um........it's done :haha:

I took a bunch of pics but----they were not there :booo:

Working on the ram mount--going to be a tight fit and taking alot of time to figure out.

But I will get some pics tonight...

So I made better prgress tonight than I was expecting :awesomework:

So since the arms(center of BJ to tie rod mount) as pretty short and the tie rod is nice and beefy(refer to my overkill your steering always thought process) I had a clearance issue with the diff cover.

Well it took a little bit of work but I got what I wanted..

gmb216.jpg

You look at that and OMG its close to the ring gear. Well the cover is 1/8" thick and there is at least 1/8" clearance to the ring gear. Its just "perfect".

gmb217.jpg

Clearance to the tie rod. There is aprox 1/8" there--again perfect :awesomework:

gmb218.jpg

With the clearance and the size of the ram--this is where its going to sit.

gmb219.jpg

I was actually able to start the mount on the housing tonight :cheer:

Wow, that is tight (as in not alot of room:redneck::haha:)!!! But hey, the pass. side ubolts aren't tight!!!!:D Is that gonna possibly change anything????:corn:

Wow, that is tight (as in not alot of room:redneck::haha:)!!! But hey, the pass. side ubolts aren't tight!!!!:D Is that gonna possibly change anything????:corn:

If there is one thing I am good at--and thats making **** fit and work :redneck:

Its all just mocked up but its "going" to work...

nice degree shim:redneck::fawkdancesmiley::;

I am just that good :awesomework:

They are new, just been sitting around... for a while Hmmmm

Ran into Gibby at Gitts Springs the other day, we discussed this project...looking good Crash :awesomework:, but I believe Gibby's son is almost ready to start driving it :redneck:

Ran into Gibby at Gitts Springs the other day, we discussed this project...looking good Crash :awesomework:, but I believe Gibby's son is almost ready to start driving it :redneck:

He was ready a couple years ago from what gibby has said. we just gotta make sure dale doesn't get behind the wheel :haha:

But once I get back from Vegas its a hard push to get the steering done--later next week. Then its just a matter of getting the motor/tranny/t-case into the rig. Once thats done I can finish the last piece of tube and get the pedals(clutch mater/slave) then the big work should be done...

You need to compile all the pics into its own...a thread of Gibby's '45 pics and nothing but pics! trying to weed thru 794 posts to find some cool idea on this rig might be asking a bit much!:redneck::haha: yup, looks good though!!!!:awesomework:

You need to compile all the pics into its own...a thread of Gibby's '45 pics and nothing but pics! trying to weed thru 794 posts to find some cool idea on this rig might be asking a bit much!:redneck::haha: yup, looks good though!!!!:awesomework:

>User CP>Settings>40 posts per page>Save

Now you only have to scroll through 20 pages :awesomework:

I got the ram mount like 80% done last night. Hoping to have it close to done tonight and some pics :awesomework:

I don't know whats up with my dang camera--went to post the pics late last night and they were not there again :mad:

I have a ton of paperwork to do tonight but I will run out and try to snap some again--but the front is out of the rig :awesomework: