• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

I don't know whats up with my dang camera--went to post the pics late last night and they were not there again :mad:

I have a ton of paperwork to do tonight but I will run out and try to snap some again--but the front is out of the rig :awesomework:

So where be da updated?

:redneck: I am working on it right now and will make sure to get pics--even if I have to use damn crayons :mad:

Ok my SD card took a dump--but got a new one last night so now I am back in action with pics..

The ram mount was certainly tricky due to the narrowness of the spring width and the ram diameter--but I was able to sneak it in there on top of the tie rod like I wanted. Here it is all tached up.

gmb220.jpg

gmb221.jpg

gmb222.jpg

gmb223.jpg

gmb224.jpg

I ran the mount as far against the spring perch as I could. I ended up notching the mount for the U-bolt to slide up though.

Got it all welded up tonight and threw some paint on it.

gmb225.jpg

gmb226.jpg

So in the morning I will get the toe set and finish up the tie rod mount side of it.

Dang Crash. Don't tell me you broke the crayons too!

It was the dangest thing. I would take pics but they would not save to the card. The card still had everything prior and I could not delete or format the dang thing :mad:

It was the dangest thing. I would take pics but they would not save to the card. The card still had everything prior and I could not delete or format the dang thing :mad:

shot in the dark here, but i no some sd cards have a sort of slide/buttom on the side that locks the card and doesn't allow you to save pics to or remove pics from the card if in the wrong position...

Still waiting for sam to drop the shims off :awesomework:

I should have snapped a pic with the front naked :haha:

Before the front goes back in I am going to lop the motor mount brackets off since I will have more room then.

Ok so I got the toe set and my tie rod length was spot on the $$.

So I went and checked the ram length/travel and damn if I wasn't 3/16" off on my measurement(ram travels 3/16" too far). Now this is a piece of cake to fix but the hard part is popping this type of ram open.

So what I had to do was build a tool to get the cap off it (spanner type tool).

gmb227.jpg

gmb228.jpg

I ended up breaking a few bolts on the tool before the dang thing finally let loose.

gmb229.jpg

So all I have to do is make a 3/16" thick washer and we are back in bussiness :awesomework:

I got the spacer cut/made and re-assembled the ram.

gmb230.jpg

The throw is perfect. I just gotta finish up the mount for the tie rod and moving right along...

I will get some pics tonight but I started putting the front diff back under it late last night....

I knew I was forgetting something--crazy week (up to 43 hours at work so far this week).

In any case the front is back under the rig with the steering setup. I have new bolts and I have to pull the tie rod off and paint it.

gmb231.jpg

Both spring plates are cleaned/painted and U-bolts trimmed. I had to modify the drivers one to fit due to the location of the ram mount.

gmb232.jpg

gmb233.jpg

Shouldn't have to worry about the ram any.

gmb234.jpg

gmb235.jpg