• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Low Max 205 output shaft

I can't believe you broke that. Was it a 32 spline output? I think you need to sell me your motor, and I will sell you mine ;D

I just can't believe it broke, Lance. You baby that Jeep. :dunno:

321777808_QnPYw-M.jpg

I know he drives like a Bat outta Hell, but that Lomax is supposed to be BadAss. Guess not.

I have never heard of much broken **** on a lomax, I know the gears are quite a bit bigger than an atlas but dunno about the rest. I have been planning on it for my 205 for some time now.

Woodlee said:
The rear out put just broke off smooth. I mean smooth doesn't even have any little twist marks on it. Kind of crazy.

Hmmmm doesnt sound that crazy....everything has limits laughing1

321777808_QnPYw-M.jpg

I don't understand how anything would break on lances jeep... My grandma would drive it harder than he does.... :flipoff1:

Did you get the kit or the complete case? You are the 1st I've heard of breaking one. Dunno why. :flipoff1: I plan one getting one in a couple of months to run with my doubler.

blacksheep10 said:
wondering too. does the shaft come with the case or was it a stocker they use?
Kit form is case and gears thats it. You have to rob everything from a stock 205 shafts bearings seals shiftrails.

It was a stock shaft and the U joint did not appear to bind at all. No marks on either end. I'm just kind of wondering what the up grade for this is going to be. :woody:

So it was the lomax kit? since it wasnt their shaft in their turn key case that let go?

I know ya'll checked it out pretty well, but usually when something like this breaks some other factor was involved. Besides motor and tares, check to see if the drive shaft is moving under full torgue. It could of binded up and yanked down or up on the bitch. :dunno:
I think its custom differentials I was talking to and they break 205s all the time. I don't know if their still in buisness but you could give them a shout.

Woodlee said:
It was a stock shaft and the U joint did not appear to bind at all. No marks on either end. I'm just kind of wondering what the up grade for this is going to be. :woody:

buy a new shaft and get it cryo treated... hell the old one was probably 30 years old...

Latest posts