• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LP dana 60

Mr. leafspring said:
let that lincoln locker come apart and itll tear up alot more trust me :****: :****: and i always small tac weld the pinion nut
I'm tacking it this time don't worry!

Re: LP dana 60

b46aa2d9338af55751ca489f5092fada.jpg

So there has been alot of talk about the process rcv puts the gears through and is it worth the money. When my pinion nut came off the pinion wedged itself in that hole in the carrier locking the front tires down. It was drug by a track hoe. Driven about 100 yards and loaded onto a trailer. Yall can imagine the noises coming from the front axle. Those 2 teeth on the ring gear were the only damage to the gears. Here is the pinion..
6480102e59f1d7d6409f307374c067d2.jpg

It destroyed both pinion bearings and broke both pinion races. Also found this.....
87b229f3a99425c57db93ddc6dea45ca.jpg

e1c9fa94c832563d76466e7e6097e735.jpg

So I would say whatever those guys at rcv are doing is well worth it. I welded the cracks up and installed new gears that I also had heat treated and cryoed. I have had diff gears lock up more than once and that would have turned a normal gear set into wood chips.

I just bought this off of here for cheap, basically for the drive train. I plan on swapping everything overy to the chassis I'm building. Now yall are making me nervous, are the lp60's really that bad? I have a hp60 I was going to use, but it's cheaper to just swap this one over, and not have to regear, rebuild kingpins, etc my other axle.

Well let's just say I have ran into my old toyota problem. I have found a way to keep the gears in tact but I have blown my housing out 2 times now. I'm really rough on **** though. If you don't try to break it you should be fine.

BUG-E J said:
Well let's just say I have ran into my old toyota problem. I have found a way to keep the gears in tact but I have blown my housing out 2 times now. I'm really rough on **** though. If you don't try to break it you should be fine.
I have seen some videos of that buggy in action, I can't afford to drive like that all the time. And the 42 non stickies will help a little bit, and the 6.0 is stock, and probably stay that way for a while until I can build a 14 front

Dirt700 said:
I have seen some videos of that buggy in action, I can't afford to drive like that all the time. And the 42 non stickies will help a little bit, and the 6.0 is stock, and probably stay that way for a while until I can build a 14 front
Honestly the heat treating and cryo rcv does seems to be the best upgrade I did. I was more impressed with that for the money spent than the 76 kit.

WELL IVE RODE AS MUCH AS I COULD THE PAST 5 YRS AND CRACKED ONE SET WHEN THE WELDED SPIDERS BROKE AND THE BROKE r&P AT STONEY IN MARCH WELL PRETTY HARDCORE WEEKEND .... TOOK SOME ADVICE AND SET IT Up LITTLE TIGHTER CAME IN SECOND IN THE LITTLE RACE AT MORRIS MOUNTIAN WHEELED IT PRETTY HARD REST OF DAY WITH NO PROBS SO MODERATE RIDING TO MEDIUM HP BOUNCING U SHOULD B FINE :****: :****: but as ol wise tale states .....{ there is no substitute for cubic inches }

Mr. leafspring said:
WELL IVE RODE AS MUCH AS I COULD THE PAST 5 YRS AND CRACKED ONE SET WHEN THE WELDED SPIDERS BROKE AND THE BROKE r&P AT STONEY IN MARCH WELL PRETTY HARDCORE WEEKEND .... TOOK SOME ADVICE AND SET IT Up LITTLE TIGHTER CAME IN SECOND IN THE LITTLE RACE AT MORRIS MOUNTIAN WHEELED IT PRETTY HARD REST OF DAY WITH NO PROBS SO MODERATE RIDING TO MEDIUM HP BOUNCING U SHOULD B FINE :****: :****: but as ol wise tale states .....{ there is no substitute for cubic inches }

OH Yes there is.... DRIVER SKILL!!!! :stir:

Latest posts