• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Accumulator

Re:

Don't put in on and run it upside down or on its side a lot.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Woodlee ran one on his Hustler buggy, maybe he can chirp in about how and why he ran it. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Re: LS Accumulator

SkinnyPedalRacing said:
So it doesn't push too much through the cooler to hurt it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Are you saying. Plumb it like that where the pressure from the accummulator doesnt let the engine starve itself from sending to much oil to the cooler?

On my last engine it had an oil cooler never had a problem with it running out of oil. No accumulator.

Re: Re: LS Accumulator

SkinnyPedalRacing said:
So it doesn't push too much through the cooler to hurt it.

To hurt what ? the cooler?
It should have a check valve inline so it will not go back to the pan. Right?

Re:

You can email Canton. They were very helpful when I did.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: LS Accumulator

jk101 said:
I'm guessing the reason is so the oil has a straight shot to the engine. If you loose oil pressure you want it there as quick as possible. Theres no more pressure in the accumulator than in the oil system.

I spoke with Adam when I purchased mine from him 6 years ago. It's plumbed right to the port on my mast oil pan (also purchased from him) that feeds the galleys. By his recommendation, i open the valve every morning as a pre oiler, and leave it open till I'm done for the day; and do the same every day till I load it back on the trailer. I also use it to pre oil when it's in the home garage and has been sitting.

When I started the manche build I pulled it from the motor charged, so when I crank it back up after completion I can pre oil the engine for first start...(after a near 2 year build now... :-\)

I made the mistake of think i needed to add 3 more quarts of to my capacity.I have a 5 quart pan ,so i would put 8 in after an oil change. That was a mistake. Just fill it like you would without an accumulor,let it run a few minutes with the valve open,shut the valve and fill it the the correct level. Also mine works best at 10 psi.I did finally get lazy and bought a 12volt gas valve 1/2". I ran a feed from( ignition on) to it. Now i flip the switch,let the fuel pump pump up and crank it. It is self preoiling.

Re: Re: Re: Re: LS Accumulator

kmcminn said:
Are you saying. Plumb it like that where the pressure from the accummulator doesnt let the engine starve itself from sending to much oil to the cooler?

On my last engine it had an oil cooler never had a problem with it running out of oil. No accumulator.

jk101 said:

ranger11 said:
I'm guessing the reason is so the oil has a straight shot to the engine. If you loose oil pressure you want it there as quick as possible. Theres no more pressure in the accumulator than in the oil system.

Pretty much in a way kinda what I was saying and sucked at for trying to be quick.

It should be closest to the pan. If you have an oil cooler I was advised to run it after the oil cooler if you are using one. Canton told me if you choose to run an electric valve, it's good to know the idle psi and wide open throttle psi for electric to get the proper valve.

Latest posts