• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Engine Tuning in Bham Area?

redneckengineered said:
Glad you got it worked out Matt. I'd be careful running that stock converter. I've got a bit more power than you (480hp) but not by much and I ripped mine to shreds. Then all the shrapnel went downstream and took out my tranny internals. Cost me a built 400. I ended up going with a billet converter built specifically for LS motors. It's the same unit EZ Rick is running on his KOH rig. It set me back 500 bones but I think well worth the money.

http://www.tcsperformance.com/

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11398344&postcount=159
Travis said:
Same convertor I bought, but they charged me $600 :dunno:

Add me to that list. I got one too. Mine was $578.41 to be exact.

So did you get the issue worked out with the scan tool?

Motor did fine, it is good at breaking other parts. It still stalls as I was unable to get a scan tool. The guy that was going to bring me one was a no show :dunno: :dunno:

I ordered a PTC Converter because they are local and much cheaper. THe broken parts were not really the motor's fault. Rear Atlas 1410 Yoke broke but I believe it was fatigued as I just replaced the dshaft u-joints that were bad at the case end. The front dshaft has been a problem for a while, I am going to do my best to get one that works given the oddball setup that I have to run

Matt O. said:
I was unable to get a scan tool. The guy that was going to bring me one was a no show :dunno: :dunno
that guys a ****, i wish i woulda came but didnt wanna drive 3 hrs each way by myself . . . i will be @ choccolloco or mtn side this wknd

bigsilly said:
Add me to that list. I got one too. Mine was $578.41 to be exact.
Damn, I must have talked to the wrong guy, mine was $600 plus $3x.xx for shipping. It better be that damn good, hell it cost more than 2 of my transmissions. :****:

No he went up, I called and he told me $600 + shipping. PTC was 450 out the door so it was an easy decision

Travis said:
Damn, I must have talked to the wrong guy, mine was $600 plus $3x.xx for shipping. It better be that damn good, hell it cost more than 2 of my transmissions. :****:
Matt O. said:
No he went up, I called and he told me $600 + shipping. PTC was 450 out the door so it was an easy decision

I would be willing to bet when he started getting a lot of calls because of the PBB he went up on his prices. I think a fair amount of people ordered after the thread about a guy killing the Turn Key engine.

bigsilly said:
I would be willing to bet when he started getting a lot of calls because of the PBB he went up on his prices. I think a fair amount of people ordered after the thread about a guy killing the Turn Key engine.
That's kinda shitty. If they were making money selling them at $550, and more people start buying them, and he goes up. :dunno:

Travis said:
That's kinda shitty. If they were making money selling them at $550, and more people start buying them, and he goes up. :dunno:

The more you charge for something, the more people seem to want to buy it :flipoff1: if it cost more, it HAS to be better.

Matt O. said:
Oil pressure was because the lines to the oil filter were swapped. I am going to check the mains tonight and see what the verdict is. There was a minimal amount of metal flakes in the oil and I plan to cut open the filter also.

You may have pulled this apart already but...I'd check the rod bearings before the mains. The wear shows up in the rods first. I toasted a set of rod bearings having the oil feed lines out of the kevco pan hooked up backwards. I caught it before it did major damage, but the main bearings all mic'd out to be in spec , even though the rod bearings were heavily worn. Metal flakes in the oil are not a good sign, no matter how minimal they are.