• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ls engine tuning in GA

Re: Re: Ls engine tuning in GA

Badride said:
Have either of you used them? Neither one have an engine dyno.
I haven't. I had tick performance in Mount Airy, NC build mine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mortalis5509 said:
I haven't. I had tick performance in Mount Airy, NC build mine.

You are always pushing Tick Performance. So do they have an engine dyno and do tuning?
With all of your " Racer " this and that, you would know right?
How did your build do on the dyno? Not what the guy said it should make. What it actually did !!!

Make the ride over to Huntsville Al and let Lane Culver have it for a few hours. He knows his ****. Definitely worth the 350$.

pholmann said:
Make the ride over to Huntsville Al and let Lane Culver have it for a few hours. He knows his ****. Definitely worth the 350$.

I know he did your's. He only tunes it wide open? Only three pulls?
I am changing everything on this build. I need more than just a stock tune changed a little bit.
And he only has a chassis dyno. Right?

How about Sammy D over in Chickamauga? He does not have a dyno but tunes a number of buggies, he's worked on mine, I think the Big Block Bacon's, Robert Roache's, Hitman's, etc. He's done pretty well. :dunno:

Badride said:
I am changing everything on this build. I need more than just a stock tune changed a little bit.

He'll do as many pulls as it takes. Not sure what you mean only tunes wide open?? When he did mine he'd run it up in rpm's gradually a few times doing something on his laptop then do a full pull. I drove past a bunch of shops to get to his because I feel like he has a good understanding of what we need and expect out of our engines vs a shop that only does street cars and full on drag cars.

Jduck said:
He'll do as many pulls as it takes. Not sure what you mean only tunes wide open?? When he did mine he'd run it up in rpm's gradually a few times doing something on his laptop then do a full pull. I drove past a bunch of shops to get to his because I feel like he has a good understanding of what we need and expect out of our engines vs a shop that only does street cars and full on drag cars.

Just asking. The videos you see are only of a WOT pull. With changing the injectors and cubic inch. I will need a change in the VE table which is what all the other calculations are based off of.

Badride said:

no he tuned mine from idle to wide open. He probably made 12-15 pulls on mine. He does have a chassis dyno.

Badride said:
Just asking. The videos you see are only of a WOT pull. With changing the injectors and cubic inch. I will need a change in the VE table which is what all the other calculations are based off of.

Who wants to watch a partial throttle video..

He doesn't get his reputation from partially tuning a motor. I've heard 2 different tuners say they think a dyno tune is useless and a field tune is better. To me this translates out to "I don't have a dyno so I am going to claim a field tune is better". I was there for the entire time he tuned mine. If the data he sees isn't 100% accurate to what it should be he looks for the reason, IE clogged injectors, bad O2, etc. He wants the conditions to be correct for his final tune. He is by far the most knowledgeable I have come across so far.

Re: Re: Ls engine tuning in GA

Badride said:
You are always pushing Tick Performance. So do they have an engine dyno and do tuning?
How did your build do on the dyno? Not what the guy said it should make. What it actually did !!!

I'm not pushing anyone. You asked who in GA and I gave a name because that's the one I knew of in GA. I know someone who has used them and was happy with the results is the reason I mentioned them.

Then you asked if I had been to them. If you knew the answer, then why ask me? I don't care who you go to. I get nothing outta mentioning who I used or is it part of my deal I got with them. I just try to help the person who helped me, and I never lead off with them because you were asking who in GA.

To answer your question, no they don't have an engine dyno but a chassis dyno. I wanna say it's a dynojet. There is ford tuner by me that I have used for a Ford Motor but it's a chassis as well. Yes, the do tunes by the obvious mention of a tuner.

Mine hasn't been ran, but a number is a number. Mine in particular is not close to stock and there are too many variables that create the number. I know an estimated crank number but that's all.

Have you tried Thomas Racing Engines in Cumming? Yes he has an engine dyno. Not sure if he does "LS" tuning but he does build LS engines. 770-887-1050

Badride said:

He is the ultimate Web Racer!!!! Never even finished a race and hasn't been in one for like what 2-3 years?? :wtflol: :gay: :gtfo:

Sam tuned mine as well very pleased.we made some hard pulls in the field / he made changes until we had it doing all it was goin todo (field tested not dynoed) like Greg Carey said he tunes a lot of the bouncers out there

I asked the dude at DTS who does his Dyno tuning on his race trucks and he mentioned some hot shot dude in the drag world that tunes. Says he's famous bla bla bla. Something Walden. Says he tunes everything. I wrote his number down if I find it I'll hit ya up. So much drama in the LBC :dunno: