• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS fuel pump.

jasper

I'd like to hear some opinions on what type of fuel pump is best for an LS. In line or is there a way to install one in the fuel cell I already have? I'll appreciate any info. Thanks

Re:

Yup....the ol walbro 255 seems to be the goto inline every time I hear inline pumps. I'm running that gsl392 on my 96-99 vortec 5.7(in tank version on my Mustang too)

I starved it of fuel once and it made louder noises after that. I bought a new one and tossed the loud one in the important spare parts bag with relays, fuses, thick wire and rubber hose on the rig.

Mine is mounted inside the big tool box with the tank. Keeps it clean.

c98ea16345a51b40ed0cc3436e992d37.jpg

96eea5f7b72e7b9c4ab2cf5416ecf6d9.jpg

I run a walbro 255 inline. IMO, for a trail rig, only way to go. Set it up so you can service it easily and if you did have an issue it would be easy to swap out on the trail.

I have my fuel system set up so it feeds out the bottom of the tank, 4 walbro pick up. One in each corner of the tank. This allows the system to gravity feed the pump so it doesn't have to work to pull fuel out the top of the tank. This set up has worked well for me.

jasper said:
Sounds good enough for me. And for right around $100 I could throw a spare on in a box also. Thanks

That's what I do. Luckily, I've not had to use it but others have.

tonybolton said:
Just as an FYI....the one I took a pic of above uses 3/8 barb fittings on each end.

You can get them with AN fittings as well or buy the fittings seperate.
GSL392+128-3039_2.jpg

I run an aeromotive a1000 jegs/speedway all have them but for 100$ I might buy a walbro for a spare

Re:

I plan on running a walbro with 2 in line. The second mainly as a back up but can be used under WOT sisuation to keep from not having enough fuel.

pumps like pushing, not pulling.

put it in the tank where it belongs. it will run quieter, cooler, and last longer.

https://goatbuilt.com/product-category/ibex/fuel-tank/fuel-tank-kits/ - drew over at goat build has made it super easy for the trail guy to get it in the tank. any decent automotive parts store will have a stock gm pump in stock, not to mention they assembly has a built in sump. think of all the soccer moms running around with the gas light on, it gets every drop out of the tank.

Re:

I have an airtex e8248 on mine, havent ran it yet. im going to try it and see how it does. We also have an e2000 on a 6.0 buggy and it leans out at wot, the tuner told us that the walbro 255 was his choice pump also.

Be careful about the ebay knockoffs of the walbro, they are junk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I mounted both mine in tank. I try to keep all my parts accessabke from any parts store if I can. It is a lot easier than people think to do I like how quiet it is. I really don't like the constant whine of the inline ones. To do it in tank I cut a ring the size of the diameter of the fuel pump plus .5 in. I cut a notch in one side about .5 wide so you can feed it into the tanks. I drilled 6 holes and welded in 6 1/4in bolts then with a second ring which I drilled at the same time as the first I put it on the tank as a template for the center holes and bolt holes. Drill and cut the tank then I put rtv on the inner ring and slide it in the bolt on the outer ring and let dry. Then remove outer ring and put the tank in with gasket on bottom side then bolt the top ring on. And it's worked like a champ. Doesn't leak and don't hear it.

all good info , guys,, thanks , i am hopefully starting a ls project soon, little things like this help a lot and save time ,

I run an Airtex e8248 with my 6.0 and seems to work well. I had an e2000 before and it didn't seem to push enough for the 6.0 but I have some buddies with 5.3 that have e2000 with no problems.