• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Man Trans =Screwed.. BAD SELLER

Stump

Long Log Lunger
Man Trans has done it to me.
This is the letter I recieved from the owner, after spending almost 6k on a 6 speed conversion, from them.

"Dear Mr. Thomas,
'I recognize the fact that you have had to install three of our transmissions in you Dodge pickup truck. The first transmissions you had problems with was jumping out of 5th gear. This could have been caused by the way the transmission was shimmed, but that is also the first thing that happens if the oil level is too low. Furthermore, there is a bearing between the input shaft (which is 5th gear) and the output shaft that if not oiled properly will burn up and cause the input (5th gear) to excessively vibrate, in turn making the transmission to jump 5th gear.

You admitted that the second transmission had overheated. Now you are having problems with your third transmission. Regardless of whose fault it is I am sorry that you have had so many headaches with this project. At this time I am willing to accept out transmission back in its current condition and will give you $2500 in return. At which point I will consider this issue resolved.

Mans-Trans has taken pride in successfully rebuilding many of these transmissions, and we feel as if we are a very consumer conscious company. Please update us on the De-stroke Conversion, and feel free to contact us at any time you are looking for a different transmission.'

Regards,
Darrell B. Moore
President
Mans-Trans LLC"

I have since then gone with a ZF6 Ford trans. with a Destroked conversion. The reason for this decision is after talking to Quad 4x4, and Darrell Moore,(Man Trans owner), New Venture transmissions manufacturer are no longer making parts for these transmissions. the only aftermarket parts are made over seas. Darrell apologized and admitted to this problem. I have received a hate letter since then stating he will do nothing for me now.

My capabilities stretch way beyond installing and checking the oil level in transmissions. I don't want anyone else to fall victom to this company.

The reason I am on the 3rd trans and not the 2nd is the first was for a Chevy gasser with a 1 1/4 input. not a Dodge Cummins 1 3/8 input.

but you got your $2500 back? I'd hope at least that.

I have a 5.9 cummins 6 speed 04. I'm dreading my 5600 going out, and if what you said is true and its only chinese parts going in them, sounds like I don't want it anyway.

how much do the zf's run normally, and what all is involved in the conversion? ****, now you got me worried as mine shifts like **** into 3rd/4th.

No he didn't get his $2500 back after sending them the transmission. How the hell can these guys think you have the skills to replace the transmission and not have the skills to check the oil level??? From what I witnessed with your transmission, they didn't (or don't) know how to build one. I hope my 5600 never goes out, if it does, it's getting a ZF ford and not from these tools.

I was involved in some of this situation, as the truck was initially at my shop. The first trans was received wrong, I don't think the 2nd one lasted one or two trips. He didn't get his $2500 back, its bullshit.

And so far, the ZF6 is holding up well. They have a lot better reputation than the NVs. I can't speak directly for his swap, but I'm running a destroked adapter and a ZF6 behind the CR cummins in my ford. They are very nicely made adapters, I wanted to install it where you could see the bling, all one piece billet. No issues in either of our applications. Highly recommend the swap should you have issues with your trans.

what are the years the ZF I need came in and what are the identifying markers should I happen upon one? Just a different bell housing and t case adapter? what of inputs on the tcase or splines? I'm capable of any fab or otherwise needed, just wondering what kind of $ Im looking at. Sounds like I could sell my 5600 while working if I come across a zf for good money.

We both used a ZF from a 6.0, but you could also use one from a 7.3. John is running a 2wd, and I'm running a ford t/c, so I'm not much help on the spline count and dodge t/c.

Latest posts