• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mattresses!

The Luke

What kind does everybody have? We're looking at a sleep number now and can't bring ourselves to pull the trigger on it. Anybody have any long term experience with them?

The Luke. Lebanon, TN

I had one for a couple years... hated every night of sleep on the thing. I have a bad back, real bad, and the sales guy swore this was what I needed. I tried everything and gave it my best effort. Its an overpriced air mattress.
I'm on some kind of memory foam thing now, I like it but I feel like the damn thing has an incubator installed in it. I've flipped the thing over 4 times in the last year and I feel like I sleep in a hole every night.

We have had our sleep number for 5+ years. It came with a 20 year, no questions asked warranty.
We both absolutely love it.

Just bought a restsonic latex tiera. Best bed I have ever sleep on.
No more getting up hurting all over. It's great

We have a brand-name memory foam one. I want to say Serta? We love it. They're not for everyone though. It's definitely a different type of comfort.

Lay on one and try to roll over. If you find it difficult, it's not for you. But for us, it is heaven. After 5 years sleeping on it we still mention how much we love it almost weekly.

We got a Casper Memory foam. Friggin awesome. I didn't realize just how much my old mattress was affecting me until I switched. No more back or neck pain.

We have a Sleep Number mattress. Had it probably 10 years now. It's alright. Would I do it again?...probably not. My wife is wanting a Temperpedic. She's never really cared for the Sleep Number.

Serta smart surface perfect sleeper. Slept on one at a beach house this past summer. The wife and I woke up and mentioned it to the other couple that was staying with us. Both couples loved it and we both own one now.

We bought a Sealy beautyrest Recharge 3 years ago and weve already had to warranty it once for a new one because it had two 6" holes where my wife and I sleep after probably 6 months and I'm writing this laying in another 6" hole. Her 120# and I only sleep on it two out of three nights and sleep better on my $50 twin at the fire station! We bought it at mattress one here in fla and they have been AWFUL! That's the only reason we haven't got a new one with this 20 year warranty they sold us on!

Sterns and Foster with dual rate spring and memory foam top here. My wife and I could not be more pleased after 3 years on it.

Re:

I've had an Englander for over 4 years now and been pretty happy with it. Like $600 for mattress and box. 10 year warranty, free one if it sags more than an inch anywhere on the bed.

I bought a Amish built one paid over 1K for it it has dual pillow tops and only had it for 2 years but we love it.

I looked up the Denver mattress company telluride on their site. There are several reviews about it sinking and have body indentations. We bought a store brand memory foam two years ago and it's junk. I want to burn it. Before I throw any more money down the drain I want to make sure it's going to last more the a couple years. I swear mattress salesman are worse than car salesman and realtors combined.

The Luke. Lebanon, TN

The Luke said:
I looked up the Denver mattress company telluride on their site. There are several reviews about it sinking and have body indentations. We bought a store brand memory foam two years ago and it's junk. I want to burn it. Before I throw any more money down the drain I want to make sure it's going to last more the a couple years. I swear mattress salesman are worse than car salesman and realtors combined.

The Luke. Lebanon, TN
Bought the off brand memory foam king from Sams or Costco 2 years ago. My lower back is in misery every morning because of it. If I lay in it more than 7 or so hours I'm stove up until lunch. I hate it. Not sure where to go from here because we bought a Sealy something or other $1300 mattress before that and it was hell. I just miss my wife's old double we used to sleep on. It was truly comfortable.

blacksheep10 said:
Bought the off brand memory foam king from Sams or Costco 2 years ago. My lower back is in misery every morning because of it. If I lay in it more than 7 or so hours I'm stove up until lunch. I hate it. Not sure where to go from here because we bought a Sealy something or other $1300 mattress before that and it was hell. I just miss my wife's old double we used to sleep on. It was truly comfortable.
we still have the wife's old queen with a memory foam topper in our guest bedroom. It is awesome. It's also like 15 yrs old but everyone that sleeps in it says that it's the most comfortable bed they've ever slept in.

The Luke. Lebanon, TN