• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

metal buildings

afd516

I am looking to build a 40x60 building at my house. I do not know enough about them to know what I am buying.

I have to assume there are cheap buildings that can just be thrown up and good quality buildings, built to last.

What sort of questions should I be asking when I start shopping around?

Basically, I am looking for any pointers from those of you that have experienced building/buying one.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 30x40 steel tube building at the house. I took 2 guys 2 days to finish mine. It has been standing for about 10 years or so. I worked for a company sold/installed them for several years, I was confident in the strength and quality of materials.

But for shopping around purposes I would ask, what warranty they carry of course, have the buildings been rated for winds/storms. Also how is the building fastened to the foundation and what type of Perlins are used.That would be my biggest concerns.

The buildings I used to sell were rated for Florida winds, I can't recall the numbers tho.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

for a quality building call Oakland metal buildings in Florence,Al or Bigbee metal buildings in Muscle Shoals,Al they sell buildings all over the country. I just had a 50x50 build by Oakland and the steel alone was $15,000. 30 yds concrete at $100 per yd, $4000 to have the building put up, 3- 12x12 doors at $1500 each. there not cheap, but will last forever.

How many different ways are they attached to the foundation and what is the best way for one to be attached? Even more so, which was of attachment should I avoid?

Guess I worded that wrong, they should all use concrete anchors, but how many is the important thing, they should be spaced every 4to 5 feet. Any more of a spacing I would be concerned of what the building was actually wind rated for. What area are you from?

I am very happy with my building all metals panals have a 40 year warranty can't remember what the frame warranty was.

I will PM you some contact info if youare intrested in talking to a couple of sellers/installers

If you are located in north Alabama or close give Kris a call at Triple K Construction. We can build you a metal building and save you a few thousand. Call 256-349-7397 leave a message if no answer. thanks

I am north west of Fort Worth in the county, it is flat with no wind block. I am new to this kind of enviornment (lived in an interior postage stamp lot most of my life) and there always seems to be some sort of a breeze. Great in the spring/summer, sucks in the winter. Yall have provided me with some basic info i was looking for.

I will be placing calls over the next few weeks to see what I can come up with. I'll post up in the Garage shops thread after it is up next year. ;D