• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

more duramax horsepower

bigs10blazer

Ok I've got a 01 duramax crewcab 105k with edge attitude. . I went from pulling a 30 foot gooseneck trailer with a buggy and quads to a 36 foot gooseneck and a toyota and buggy. Coming across the scales at 26000. Pounds. Before duramax pulled great. Now im lacking ):. I need power !
What are some PROVEN ways I can get 100 extra horsepower?
Injectors? I've already did the exhaust and cold air long time ago.
or should I sell this one and get a 08 already with more horses and add chip to it and be done ?
Thanks

Re:

Intake exhaust downpipe EFI. 100 more is easy. But you can't tow heavy with a hot tune. Watch your EGts.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bigs10blazer said:
Will it be much different than the edge/attitude?

Have always heard the Edge is the worst thing for a Diesel truck due to a poor tune???

Buddy has EFI live on a 09 Duramax with Idaho Rob tune and it's awesome :****:

EFI LIVE!!!

had an 03 with 30% overs, batmo, bills intake, aidog 2 165, 5" exhaust, and efi live with 5 tunes. pulled great, but nowhere as good as my lmm with same mods minus injectors, plus i have turbo brake on tow setting that is not available on years prior to lbz. six speed vs 5 is much more puller friendly.

Re: Re: more duramax horsepower

Your 01 still has low miles, I'd sell and upgrade to a later model (at least 06) while you can still get good money for your truck

Re: Re: more duramax horsepower

TBItoy said:
Your 01 still has low miles, I'd sell and upgrade to a later model (at least 06) while you can still get good money for your truck

^ Agreed! The LB7's are prone to injector failure and are a bitch to change(a lot of shop hours). The newer ones like and 06 would do what you want with a good EFI live tune, just watch the trans!! LOL