• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mounting Beadlocks Sucks!!

cadpwrdyj

:)RANT On:) I have a severe hatred for putting all those lil damn bolts in bead locks!! Dunno why it kills my back so bad...any way just did two and gave up til tomorrow...:)RANT Off:) Thats all thought I would share since the ole lady is asleep and not listening to me...

**** captain!!!!On Dibbles old rig that bastard had double 60 bolt beadlocks front back 44's on 15'" wheels that hugged double calipers....It was a bitch. I ran three different sets of tires on that big sob. When I sold it the guy wanted the boggers mounted and I told him no way It sells like it sits with 47's....

I couldn't imagine 60 bolt beadlocks. I thought 32 bolts per wheel was bad enough. I'd said after the last set of tires I mounted, that I was through doing this BS. I'd think Stauns would be easier on my back and I could stomach the price versus installing all those dang bolts. :mad:

I have done it many time, I find that putting the wheel on a 7 gallon bucket helps a lot. I think it is 7 gallon, like a 5 gallon, but taller. Pool chemicals come in them.

It's even worse when you have to do it in the mud and cold as hell first thing in the morning with a killer hangover - don't ask me how I know that laughing1

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I have done it many time, I find that putting the wheel on a 7 gallon bucket helps a lot. I think it is 7 gallon, like a 5 gallon, but taller. Pool chemicals come in them.

10-4 on the bucket...and I bought a tire iron....didn't do that the first time doing it this time and mucho faster. I think my problem is those big ass TR rings, along with being a lazy whiny bastard. Not sure which one contributes more to the problem yet...

I agree BL's are a PITA and it takes way to many beer's to complete any task's involving them. :****:

P said:
I agree BL's are a PITA and it takes way to many beer's to complete any task's involving them. :****:
Pussies. Impact the bishes on there with low pressure and you are done. Better yet, let HB get all of them started and it's even easier. :dblthumb:

talk about a PITA...anybody on here ever ran double locks from stazworks or usa6x6? thats the worst **** ever. took me about 2 days. if one blows.....im throwin it away

I still havent decided what BL's to get when I buy another set for the mooner. Current trailready alum. are WEAK and bend if you point them at rocks.

Hopefully someone will develop a nice looking forged beadlock. Walker's make me wanna :puke:, errbody has them. I dig Robby's, but they still bend and break. Supposedly KMC has chinese cat food-esque quality control. I really dont want to go to steel, I like shiney parts too much.

The new TR HD cast are really nice and way stronger than the old TR. I wanna get some TR locks like on the rockbug. I like the black wheel with polished locks.

B Gillespie said:
I still havent decided what BL's to get when I buy another set for the mooner. Current trailready alum. are WEAK and bend if you point them at rocks.

Hopefully someone will develop a nice looking forged beadlock. Walker's make me wanna :puke:, errbody has them. I dig Robby's, but they still bend and break. Supposedly KMC has chinese cat food-esque quality control. I really dont want to go to steel, I like shiney parts too much.

If you like the Allied Monsters call me.

wyatt ust bought the TR big boy series. They look good and seem strong enough.
I like the allieds as well.
I did see adam pounding one out with a sledge this week. We also broke the **** out of a walker US wheel at hannibal. I went to hit the bend back and it broke to ****

On the rock bug, it looked like they took alcoa wheels, milled a different design, and welded bead locks on them. ???

After looking at 4WP, Weld, and Pro Comp web pages, I found 0 forged wheels.

B Gillespie said:
On the rock bug, it looked like they took alcoa wheels, milled a different design, and welded bead locks on them. ???

After looking at 4WP, Weld, and Pro Comp web pages, I found 0 forged wheels.

The Pro Comps can't be bought over the counter. You have to know someone to get them. At least thats what I was told.

blacksheep10 said:
wyatt ust bought the TR big boy series. They look good and seem strong enough.
I like the allieds as well.
I did see adam pounding one out with a sledge this week. We also broke the **** out of a walker US wheel at hannibal. I went to hit the bend back and it broke to ****

Yeah we bent one shock tuning with low air pressure. I talked to the guys at Allied and they said to beat it back out and if it happened to break then they would give me their demo wheel. I straightened it trying to break it and passed the hammer around to a few different guys but we could not break the wheel. When we decided it was good we aired it back up and I haven't touched it since.

Good wheels to me if you can straighten out bends instead of the wheels breaking.

Woodlee said:
If you like the Allied Monsters call me.

I gotta couple questions about those, so I'll give you a ring.

[/quote]
Cole said:
The Pro Comps can't be bought over the counter. You have to know someone to get them. At least thats what I was told.

If anyone is interested in the Pro-Comps I can help you out.