• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

moving to new mexico

pgpdnarc

I just took a job in southern new mexico, so looks like we'll be moving. Neither me or the wife have ever been there. Anyone on here been there?

I am in that part of the world a few times a year - never let them tell you the dry heat is no as bad - 115 is hot period :****:

CheapJ7 said:
Border Patrol??? :flipoff1:

no, not border patrol, but it is a government gig. i've been in the application process for the is job right at 2 years. i'm sure it will be a totally different experience living out there. I did make sure that there was some good offroading close by before i accepted the location. :flipgotcha:

the place i'll be working is about 2 hours from el paso, tx and hour from las cruces, nm (where new mexico state university is). I hear las cruces is very nice

race_jeep said:
Get ur dam heep proper so we can do a Lil ridin b4 u leave

google the Chile Challenge in las cruces, nm. looks pretty cool, maybe you'll have to bring the buggy out.

Drunk indians living in squaller

Jesus that part of NM is not much to look at

Ya, don't **** with the indians. They have their own police and can basicly get away with murder. Plus they suck at giving directions.

You and the wife will be OK. I got a sister-inlaw that's has lived in Scottsdale AZ. for years. The Indians make good hot cakes,different than ours. You can visit all the old western towns and I forgot which town in Texas that serves the Big Steak and if you can eat it all, its free. I am sure there is a good community that you can move to in New Mexico. I wish you luck with your move

pleasant grove will never be the same...... :afro: :afro: :afro:
but i guess new mexico wont be now!
be safe buddy!

wade

You must be talking about the White Sands area. I believe it was some sort of a goverment deal. I went to the Chile Challenge last year and it was some pretty cool stuff. Got to see a little bit of everything out there, from piece of **** rigs to company built rides such as Genright's Jeep. I think in 2008, Poison Spyders "Suicide Sally" was there.

LasCrucesTrip047.jpg

LasCrucesTrip020.jpg

LasCrucesTrip109.jpg

LasCrucesTrip110.jpg

The red TJ was on 37's to give a little reference on the size of the ledge.

Neal3000 said:
how far will you be from farmington and moab?

we are not real sure exactly what city we are going to live in yet, but looks like farmington will be about 6-7 hours and moab will be 10-11 hours. looks like I might finally be able to wheel moab in the near future.

Lived here in New Mexico for 51 years, going to Chile Challenge in two weeks. Let us know when you arrive here. I live north about 4 hours.

Dave :) ;) :D

plisken76 said:
Lived here in New Mexico for 51 years, going to Chile Challenge in two weeks. Let us know when you arrive here. I live north about 4 hours.

Dave :) ;) :D

Sounds good! I head to Georgia at the end of April, and will be there bout 5 months, so that will put us headed to New Mexico in the first of October. I guess no gray rock fall 4 all this year for us. :'(

pgpdnarc said:
Sounds good! I head to Georgia at the end of April, and will be there bout 5 months, so that will put us headed to New Mexico in the first of October. I guess no gray rock fall 4 all this year for us. :'(

that's the only ride you go on, does that mean ur not gonna ride at all n 2010 :'(