• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mud bugs

hink311 said:
Try this the next boil. Instead of corn on the cob. Take some can corn ,punch a bunch of holes in the top and bottom of the can throw them in the boil as soon as you turn the burners on. Leave them until the last batch of bugs drain open and eat from the can. I don't bother with corn on the cob anymore. Way better if you like spicy corn. Don't forget to punch the holes or it will explode :****:
that sounds awesome hell yes now were getting some where

Times I use
Bring water to boil, add seasoning Garlic, 5 min later potatoes, 5 more min mushrooms, 5 more minutes onions, and any fresh sausage, 3 more min crawfish, bring back to a boil 4 minutes after corn, 3-4 more minutes turn off and add hot dogs and canned anything else. Let soak for 15 to 20 minutes.

LandSpeeder said:
put'em in a cooler and run hose water in'em... cleans out their insides so you ain't eating dirty ****. Trust me, if you don't purge'em then you eating dirty crafish cause purging them cleans the outside as much as it does the inside...

We always poured salt in the tub while purging them also. Did a couple washes till water was fairly clean.

And pick thru them also. Throw out dead ones and ones that seem sick. After they are cooked if the tail is straight they were dead when they went into the boiling water. Make sure tail is curled.

I'm getting hungry!!!

Did you catch any yet?????????? we used to make screenwire funnels and stick them in the top of quart mason jars and hold them in with the bands and sink them in the creeks around the house and we used to catch all kinds of critters.