• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

mud truck transformed ato southern crawler in Michigan

crosseyed cat

after building a mud truck and getting sick of powerwashing I went to twisted trails off road park and decided this is where the fun is at. After hours on utube decided you guys are doing it right and having a ball . Basically used all parts out of truck,bought a bender and a notcher and here we go.

[attachment deleted by admin]

thanks for the coments the motor is 620 horse 572 with turbo 400 and 205 with 538,s in 60 and 14 bolt have read on this site about your setups will this need a 3 to 1 low max ? tires are 44s on 20'' rims tha i made

crosseyed cat said:
thanks for the coments the motor is 620 horse 572 with turbo 400 and 205 with 538,s in 60 and 14 bolt have read on this site about your setups will this need a 3 to 1 low max ? tires are 44s on 20'' rims tha i made

Hell with that much motor just keep the stock 205 you can always upgrade to the lomax kit later. Better get some stout axle shafts.
Looks good though

I wouldnt think you would need it with all that mota i know guys with alot less running a taller gear and they do fine. The buggy is looking good keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Cole said:
Hell with that much motor just keep the stock 205 you can always upgrade to the lomax kit later. Better get some stout axle shafts.
Looks good though

I agree

Sounds to me like you got plenty of power I would leave the case alone for now! Good looking build man! :dblthumb:

thanks for the info. would like to come down with some Friends this summer or fall to a big event were all you crazy s.o.b.s are at. the only problem is it might be like going to school. we don't have as many crazy hill climbs up here. Last year twisted trails off road park started a trail challenge course. 8 miles long with gps timer and run for 4 hrs . Most laps win. Last year ran my first crawler build which is to wide and to big,after bouncing off the 5th tree the front steering failed or i should say exploded.

its hard to paint a tube chassis because the overspray will dry dull. The powdercoat shop im useing will cost $1,100 for single stage. 3 stage is more like $2000

the coolant runs through the top rail and is blocked off were it enters and exits so it dosent just loop in the frame and the dildo doubles as a oshit handle and holds the rocker switch for future rear steer. the other is the trans shifter or for when you go for a ride ;D :flipoff1: ;D i guess it does look a little gay thou

rack and driveline in Phoenix totally hooked me up on front drive shaft Steve was very helpful obviously not his first. Worked the tubing to the back and it was like 2 diffrent ideas were coming together so cut it off and 10 hrs of head scratching here it is hope you agree!!! last pics before powercoat got a date and a great deal March 5th she will be yeller and near chrome powercoat 90% of finish welding done seat belts mounted(good deal at swapmeet in G.R.) Got lots of time to finish so i hope i dont forget anything before powercoat. thanks for the comments this has been a lot of fun to build .